HELP!!!!

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
exdream_mx3

HELP!!!!

Post by exdream_mx3 »

I don't know what happened but i had a speaker wire off behind the radio. So i pulled the radio out, fixed the wire and put it back in. Now i all of a sudden have no lights!!!! Nothing but headlights. My dashlights, taillights, dome lights, marker lights,etc everything but the headlights are GONE!!! I checked all the fuses and they are all good. The thing is there is no power going to any of the 15 amp fuses in the fusebox but there is to everthing else. Its really weird. Please HELP ME!!!!!!
rancid420potheadpunk

Re: HELP!!!!

Post by rancid420potheadpunk »

theres a fuse box under the hood on the drivers side of the car, check there. it may be one of those, i cant remember which one but my bet is thats where the problem is and chech all the wires for your radio and the fuses in the fuse box again. but check the fuse box under the hood on the drivers side close to the strut tower.
exdream_mx3

Post by exdream_mx3 »

Already checked the fuse box under the hood and none of them are blown. Also double and triple checked all my radio wires!!!!!! Any other suggestions? PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!! :shrug:
rancid420potheadpunk

go outside and turn your lights on, check to make sure the tag lights are on and if there not check that they are there, (that was my problem) ill go and get my manual and check for you.
rancid420potheadpunk

and check the wires for the speakers (in the doors and in the back).
rancid420potheadpunk

also turn on you emergency lights and check those. and get somebody to push on the brakes.

hope this helps
exdream_mx3

Post by exdream_mx3 »

Like I said there are no lights except for my headlights!!!! No taglights no emergency lights, nothing. Checked all connections to speakers and still nothing. A couple people told me that there is a fuseable link in our wiring harness somewhere! So if anybody can get me a wiring harness diagram it would be greatly appreciated. If you can please email to millerjaz3@aol.com!!
Keep the suggestions coming nothings working yet!
Please Please help I miss driving my baby! :crying:
mx3grlsikride

Post by mx3grlsikride »

ok i had this exact same problem when i first installed my new deck. The deck worked but then my lights all screwed up. I drive with no dash lights at all for 2 days until we figured out the problem. Does the fuse for the lights keep blowingwhen you try to turn the lights on? I was told that in the Mx3's the lights are all connected to the deck. Ex. Stock mx3 when the lights are on even the radio lights turn on. there is one wire that is connected to the fuse box that does need to be connected to the deck. When i hooked up my deck i did not connect that wire to the deck adn thats why i had no lights. Go through all the wires any one that is connected make sure you know where it leads. It took me a few hours to figure but that is all it was. One wire and like 20 fuses. Double check the wires and if you can't figure it out, i will ask my friend who was helping me for a more detailed explanation. Good Luck
WhEn WiLl MY BaBY Be CoMplETe??? ...NeVeR.... HAHAHAH!!! Always finding better upgrades!!!!
http://members.cardomain.com/mx3grlsikride

mx3grlsikride

Post by mx3grlsikride »

by the way, also check out the ground wire
WhEn WiLl MY BaBY Be CoMplETe??? ...NeVeR.... HAHAHAH!!! Always finding better upgrades!!!!
http://members.cardomain.com/mx3grlsikride

exdream_mx3

Post by exdream_mx3 »

The thing is the radio also does not work! Everything in the car is dead but the headlights and heater/ac controls. No domelights, radio, taillights, parking lights, side markers, etc. I got a wiring diagram today, but i can't make anything out of it. It's so freakin complicated. Anybody know of any good shops in southern PA that would look at it for me? Please Help!!!! :crying:
exdream_mx3

Post by exdream_mx3 »

anybody else have suggestions????? :shrug:
rancid420potheadpunk

well take it to the shop and get it checked out, all i can say.
borntorun

Post by borntorun »

im having this SAME problem right now. only thing is...i didnt change the HU or anything. i pulled out my gauge cluster, put it back in. everything was fine. next day pulled out my cluster again, put it back in...everything was fine. i have part of my steering column apart, and the light that hangs above the ignition is dangling...my keys touch it, a fuse blows.

nothing but my headlights were working..same case as exdream_mx3 come to find out, my ROOM fuse was blown. i replaced it, and everything was fine for a day.

next day, head lights work, radio works, dome lights work...but nothing else. i have no gauges, no parking lights, no taillights...ALL of my fuses are fine. radio wiring is the same as it has always been...i even completely unhooked my fuse box to make sure all the connections were good. but still no go.

what the heck is goin on????
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

you don't want to check the fuses under the hood. You want to check the interior fuses located next to the drivers footrest. the "parking" one is most likely blown b/c of a short when you touched that wire to something in the radio compartment area.
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
borntorun

Post by borntorun »

nah, the interior fuses were the ones i was checking...removed the box and everything. they were all fine.

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”