Headlight Q.

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
TommyTott

Headlight Q.

Post by TommyTott »

Last night someone crashed into my car and judt drove off. Not leaving any note or anything else. IDIOT.

He smashed my left headlight. In Norway a new headlight with automatic height adjustment cost 1045 USD. Sick :confused:

My question is:

Can I use one light with and one without automatic height adjustment, or maybe disable he motor on the right light.

Or can I take the motor and mount it on the "new" one?? I hope anyone can answer me.

Sorry about my bad English.
TommyTott
zilva

Re: Headlight Q.

Post by zilva »

hi, im from lithuania and im looking for the passengers side headlight, but in its very expensive in my coutry,maybe you can help me to find used headlight in Scandinavia?
zilva
TommyTott

Post by TommyTott »

It's very expencive here to. The cheapest you can get if about 180USD. And thats if you are lucky. I have called about 30 difrent companies in Norway, they did not have any leftside. I didn't ask for right side. I found two places in Sweeden who had for left side. You can call and just ask in english. I dont think you will find anyone in Norway but if you call these two in Sweden you may have luck:

Bollnäs Bildemontering
Söräng 7524
821 93 Bollnäs

Tel: 0046 278 - 391 55, 392 55, 392 96
Fax: 0046 278 - 394 90
Mail: info@bollnasbildemontering.se

Tollarps Bilskrot
Tassebodavägen 121
290 10 TOLLARP

Tel: 0046 44-310841
Fax: 0046 44-311825
Mail: tollarpsskrot@telia.com
TommyTott
Taras

Post by Taras »

I would suppose that you could take auto-levelling motors off. As far as I know they are a separate part. See in North America we do not have auto levelling systems or even older manual vertical adjustment mechanisms to adjust your headlight level from the driver's seat when you have load in the back.

Why don't you see if you could remove the motors off the broken headlight and then see what you need to get with the new.

Last time I checked in Europe I could have ordered them from Germany for about USD400 for driver's and about USD250 for passenger or vice versa, can't remember. But that was without auto-levellers or headlight washers.
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”