How To Change: Map lights

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
maddzoom

How To Change: Map lights

Post by maddzoom »

i need to change the map lights or what ever the lights are called up by the review mirrow anyone know how to get them out.. ?
Reprobation14

Re: How To Change: Map lights

Post by Reprobation14 »

Hey, it's pretty easy..
Just take a flat head screw driver and pry it up down towards you on the sides.. yes, the entire thing.. not just the clear stuff.

Once you've got it out, it should be hanging by a few cables... flip the unit over, and you should see some of the clear plastic sticking through the darker plastic backing.. just push the clear stuff through the darker plastic (they look like clips), and then the front face should fall right out.. after that.. just pull the bulbs straight out. Make sure you use 5w bulbs.. i think they are 192 bulbs.. but im not 100% sure. It's either 192, or 168. i replaced mine a long time ago.

Good luck! - Chris
Jutzi420

Post by Jutzi420 »

They are 168s (5w) 192s (3.5w) are the sidemarkers.
kuruption1983

Post by kuruption1983 »

anyway to make these lights brighter without melting the housing???
maddzoom

Post by maddzoom »

i was gonna put some LED's i got in there so its brighter i just never knew how to get the platic seperated from the clear lense, but thanx for all the info

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”