n00b section suggestion...

This forum is for your (the user and visitors of MX-3.com) opinion, recommendations and issues about MX-3.com.
992mmx3

n00b section suggestion...

Post by 992mmx3 »

Hey Jeff, I was just thinking. If you were able to make a New Members section it would filter out the repeat questions in the other forums. Just make it so that no matter what, if you're a newbie you'll have to post in that section. This is done on MX-6.com and it works very well. Just an idea. There was also a rule made on there that made it so that you had to post with a title addressing what you needed help with. It get's old seeing titles like:

Need help

It's broken

Why is it that...

MX-3 question

What kind of...

Just a suggestion. :)

<small>[ December 12, 2003, 02:54 PM: Message edited by: 992mmx3 ]</small>
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

"...I told those fudgepackers I liked Michael Bolton's music..."
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Re: n00b section suggestion...

Post by monty73741 »

u know i think is a good idea........but i really think that new people should look @ the faq file first
Jason Danaher
Please Help Support MX-3.com
MX-3.com Online Store - http://www.mx-3.com/osv3
CafePress - http://www.cafepress.com/mx3com
johnnyb
Supporting Member

Post by johnnyb »

does the UBB not support "stickies"? If so you could put stickies linking to the FAQ portions of the page with titles like "4 cyl questions? Look here first" I try and help newcomers as much as I can but some questions just dont really have anything to do with the forum they're posted in even though it may be something like "my engine ticks" in the V6 performance forum ticking isnt going to make your car slower or faster
992mmx3

Post by 992mmx3 »

Originally posted by MX-3.com:
This version of the UBB does not support stickies.

I hope to upgrade to the latest version of UBB early next year, and that version does have Sticky features.

I am not crazy abotu a forum just for newbies. It would only defeat the purpose of having different forums for each area of interest that we have it broken down into.
Not really, it would just keep those other areas from being clogged.

Either way, what about my other point on the lame titles to threads, lol. I saw one yesterday named: MX-3 question. :roll:
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

992mmx3

Post by 992mmx3 »

Actually, come to think about it, all of this can be resolved with course bi***ing and showing n00bs the ropes. I don't even think there are enough new people on here neccessitate a n00b section. One of the problems is that even people who hang around here a lot still act like newbies. :laugh:
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

johnnyb
Supporting Member

Post by johnnyb »

what about a General repair section where questions are asked about broken things on their cars and answered there. theres a forum that covers everything else I can think of. performance sections dont really have anything to do with broken things
Kenzie

Post by Kenzie »

I think there should be a section on engine swaps. I was needing info on swapping from a 4cyl to a KLZE and I wasn't sure which forum it should go in.

I agree that the "need help" and other stupid headings should stop. I'm not sure why people think they will actually get a response when they come up with original headings like that!

Kenz
::'94 MX-3 GS::KLZE::
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

we have a FAQ section for newbies, as well as much engine swap info located on the main page.
Kenzie

Post by Kenzie »

Yes, but is there swap info for those of us who want to keep our RS and drop a KLZE in it. If there is then sorry, I must have missed it. Just let me know and I'll be more than happy to check it out.

Everyone keeps telling me that it would cost too much and I can't seem to get my questions answered. I've posted in the 4cyl forum with the title 'Swap to KLZE...????' so if anyone thinks they can help me out then please post or e-mail.

Kenz :)
::'94 MX-3 GS::KLZE::
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

well..
If you want a KLZE in your 4cl..
Your wasting your $$, you need basically an entire front clip.
Secondly, there is a 4cl to v6 swap info in there.. its on the engine swap info on the main section of this site

Return to “MX-3.com Site and Forum Recommendations and Issues”