93 GS ATX problem, need a lil advice

A forum for discussions regarding the MX-3' transmission. Swap, technical, and troubleshooting info should be placed here.
mykel78

93 GS ATX problem, need a lil advice

Post by mykel78 »

I'm getting a 93 GS. and of course, its ATX has a problem. It was rebuilt, but it's valve body is reportedly in poor shape, tranny shop had rigged it to work, which didn't last. I've found valve body rebuild kits, but I don't know the model # of the tranny. Does anyone know? Does anyone have any good info regarding this valve body.
I've read through other posts and found info regarding upgrading the VB, but no other info, like where to get a kit, or if it's even available.
I know a Mtx swap is the prefered method, but I can't afford that at this time.
Anyone??? Any help/advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
If not broke - don't fix, modify. If broke - fix it right, and make it better.
guyaverage

Re: 93 GS ATX problem, need a lil advice

Post by guyaverage »

You could try Levelten.com but I'm sure by the time they get done with you, you will probably have spent enought to do a 5-speed swap.

Sorry, dont know the model of the tranny. Search 'rebuilt automatic transmissions' on google I'm sure some website will show the model.
"The answer is: More power. I dont care what the question is."
-Tim Allen
mykel78

Re: 93 GS ATX problem, need a lil advice

Post by mykel78 »

Thanks! wow, someone actually answered this time, cool. I think I've decided to part out the car, to get a 5-spd tranny, and swap the engine/tranny, and everything else, into my RS, maybe later a KLZE. I don't think I wanna mess with this valve body, sounds like way too much trouble... Thanks man!
If not broke - don't fix, modify. If broke - fix it right, and make it better.

Return to “Transmissions”