look need help with 5speed swap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A forum for discussions regarding the MX-3' transmission. Swap, technical, and troubleshooting info should be placed here.
MAZDABLOOD

look need help with 5speed swap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by MAZDABLOOD »

look i know about the faq on auto trans,but that write up just does not work on our car its totally different from ours.i need to know exactly what wire i need to jump so i can start the car by pushing in the clutch pedal andturning key and how to make the reverse lights come on.i need this in order to take the car to the track,the won't let me race unless my neutral switch works.they say its a safety issue if you guys can help me i really would appreciate the help :shrug: :2thumbsup: :werd:
mxprecidia

Re: look need help with 5speed swap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by mxprecidia »

i just did this...its simple dont panic...there is only 6 wires you have to connect (3 pairs) during the whole swap

look at the stock wiring harness. there are two thick black wires, one with blue stripe, one with red stripe...they connect to the clutch pedal...i believe those are for the reverse lights...i dont remember the other colors but there are two more wires coming from the top of the clutch pedal that connects to the two matching wires in the harness....i think that is the nuetral saftey switch...hope this helps...
www.illegalCustoms.com
Tri-State Area Car Club

Return to “Transmissions”