power windows and door panels

A Forum For Ontario MX-3 Club Related Topics.
avio

power windows and door panels

Post by avio »

hey my mx-3 hasn't got any power windows but does anyone know where i could get it done that's reliable and cheap ? anyone have any clues also as to the price range I'm lookin at ? Oh btw, I also wanted to know what the difference between the door panels (from power and non power windows). is there just a hole in one and none in the other ?
kuruption1983

Re: power windows and door panels

Post by kuruption1983 »

well dude,
you can get it done for 100 bucks if you are a hands on guy,, :D you will just need to find an mx3 with PW in a junkyard and transfer everything to your own car, and this shouldnt take more than 2 hours. Its very simple since the door sheet metal already has the wholes needed to hold the window motor and you can use your existing windows. All you will be doing is swapping the manual mechanism to an electric motor and routing the wires to a power source in your car and installing the switches. The good thing is everything you will be adding already has a place that holds it except for the switches which you will need new driver side door panels with the switch hole already made in it which shouldnt be hard to find in junkyards.<p>And about the door panel question, on the driverside there is a special hole to hold the switch, but on the passenger side, since the switch is build in the black handle that u use to close the door, you will just be swapping the door handles.<p>wish this info helps eh,,, :p

Return to “Ontario MX-3 Club”