what type of engine should i get?

A forum for MX-West Car Club Related Topics. MX-West has two Chapters;, the original is in Vancouver, British Columbia, and the second is in Calgary, Alberta.
DYLAN

what type of engine should i get?

Post by DYLAN »

hey everybody im a new member. i have a 92 mx3 gs and i want a better engine then the POS thats in it! i was told a few times to get the 2.5L V6 (KL-ZE) but i heard there hard to soup up and there recommended for off road use only. I want an engine that has huge potential meaning i can add turbos etc... If anybody had any ideas on what the best engine for an mx3 is let me know.It would be greatley appreciated.
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: what type of engine should i get?

Post by Custommx3 »

to start you off right, u need to know what engine you have. Some motors can be turboed as is, some can be swapped out. Others require custom systems built (the v6's).

Start with the FAQ, much info int here. Then search a bit. I bet you'd find what your looking for as this has been asked tons of times.

Welcome to the UBB.
wyldside
Supporting Member
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: what type of engine should i get?

Post by wyldside »

Unfortunately since you have the GS (1.8L V6), you are somewhat limited on what you can do with it. The KLZE (2.5L V6) engine has some pretty good power and a few people have added a custom Turbo or Supercharger setup with a lot of difficulty. High-end performance parts for it are not easy to find so you’d have to get a lot of the internals custom made. Things like Pistons n stuff can be custom made through places like www.jepistons.com . Nitrous also adds a huge amount of power and with the right setup can put you over 300hp. In my opinion that is a lot of power for a small car like ours. You don’t need a Turbo or Supercharger unless you just want to put that stuff in just for the sake of saying you have it. The KLZE is fine for normal usage. The only reason they say, ”For off road use only”, is just to cover their butts. Like Barry said, just use the “Search” function of the forum to find this information in the V6/Technical Performance section. This topic has been asked many times before.
James Gosteli
X-Prez of MX-West

1992 Seal-Gray MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :mrgreen:
1992 White MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :( Worklog (Parting out)
1993 Blaze Red MX-3 GS - RIP :cry:

Return to “MX-West Car Club (Vancouver, BC / Calgary, AB)”