Transmission Sometimes Wont Take 2nd

A forum for MX-West Car Club Related Topics. MX-West has two Chapters;, the original is in Vancouver, British Columbia, and the second is in Calgary, Alberta.
Monique

Transmission Sometimes Wont Take 2nd

Post by Monique »

I was wondering if you could help me out. I own a 1992 Mazda MX-3 Precedia 1.6L 4cyl SOHC with a 5 speed manual transmission. Sometimes after driving for a little while, it wont take 2nd or 4th gear. Whenever the clutch is released it makes a sort of squeal. I really don't want to have to change my transmission, do you think it could be a clutch issue? Or a Master or Slave Cylinder issue? Your help in advance is appreiciated. <p>Thank You :eek:
Monique
monstar-mx-3

Re: Transmission Sometimes Wont Take 2nd

Post by monstar-mx-3 »

where do you hear the noise? do you hear a grinding noise when you put it into 2? coule be the tranny
Taras

Re: Transmission Sometimes Wont Take 2nd

Post by Taras »

Could you please describe the symptoms more in detail. Does it get into 2nd/4th and upon clutch release squeal. Or does it not want to shift into the gear at all. Does it shift with a thunk noise. Is it on cold or warm tranny. Does your clutch smell after going uphill for a while. What is the mileage on your car and tranny for that matter. How way it driven. What tranny oil do you use. Did you change oil every few years. Is there enough of it? Did you check brake fluid reservoir. When was the last time your hydralic system was bled. Are all of the linkages intact? Sorry it is a lot to ask, but the more detailed you are the less vague answer you will receive.
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com

Return to “MX-West Car Club (Vancouver, BC / Calgary, AB)”