where to look

A forum for MX-West Car Club Related Topics. MX-West has two Chapters;, the original is in Vancouver, British Columbia, and the second is in Calgary, Alberta.
vancouverswingkid

where to look

Post by vancouverswingkid »

hey!<p>i'm looking to buy my first car, and planning it to be an MX-3. i know very little about the mechanics of cars, so i'm not quite sure where to start with the whole buying/selling thing.<p>what are things i should be looking for in this little car? problem spots?
which is better to buy from, dealer or through a private sale?
does anyone know of any good deals in the lower mainland?<p>thanks for your help!<p>kevin
Soulflare

Re: where to look

Post by Soulflare »

Great choice!
Well first place to chk would be the Buy and Sell...that usually is the first place to look. Most are listed in there both dealer and private. Second private would get u better deals but then u would have to be more careful. Call ICBC and get the report of the vehicle.. u'll need to VIN # on the dash... its 21 bux for the report tho... but do it b4 u make the purchase. Also chk belts,maintainence/servcie records, CV joints, AC main if i has it, O2 sensor, tranny if auto... those are usually what needs service / replacing. Good luck with search.
Soulflare
Pearl MX-3 GSR (SOLD)
Mystic RX-8 GT

Return to “MX-West Car Club (Vancouver, BC / Calgary, AB)”