Anyone interested in a group buy for Brembo rotors?

A forum for MX-West Car Club Related Topics. MX-West has two Chapters;, the original is in Vancouver, British Columbia, and the second is in Calgary, Alberta.
tatsu

Anyone interested in a group buy for Brembo rotors?

Post by tatsu »

I am looking at putting together a group buy for Brembo OE-replacement rotors for MX-3's through a local shop in the Lower Mainland.<p>Front rotors should be about $90 each, and rears should be about $70 each, for a total price per set of $320.00 plus tax, possibly less depending on how many people are interested.<p>There will also be the option to have them drilled and/or slotted for an additional cost (price to follow). The drilled holes and slots are properly radiused to not adversely affect pad wear.<p>Also, we may be able to do a buy on Goodridge braided stainless-steel lines at the same time. I'll have pricing on those later...<p>Let me know if anyone is interested!
Taras

Re: Anyone interested in a group buy for Brembo rotors?

Post by Taras »

I would be in for the lines... Those are good prices for the rotors. Any idea on how much silver/gold/black cadmium plating would be? It is always a great idea to that do they do not rust easy.
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
tatsu

Post by tatsu »

Drilled front rotors will be about $125 each, rears should be about $100 each, for a complete set of drilled rotors at $450.00 plus tax.<p>As far as plating goes, Taras, that will have to be arranged on your own. From a performance perspective, the surface rust on the non-swept areas of the non-plated rotors should have no effect, and the non-plated rotors may actually have a slight advantage in friction. For show purposes, however, I agree that plating is a good idea!<p>I am still hunting around for a good price locally on the Goodridge lines...more to follow soon.
Soulflare

Post by Soulflare »

Keep us updated... I'm interested in those Lines as well... thx in adv ^^
Soulflare
Pearl MX-3 GSR (SOLD)
Mystic RX-8 GT
GMGQ

Post by GMGQ »

Are the Brembo rotors like these ones?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6033&item=2402847866&rd=1<p>I'd also be interested in the brake lines.
Gary Mui ( mx3style@shaw.ca )
Vancouver, BC, Canada
http://mx3slimvisors.2ya.com
tatsu

Post by tatsu »

Due to lack of enough interest, the group buy won't be going ahead. Sorry guys!
Taras

Post by Taras »

YOu can also get them from KVR in Ottawa. Last I remember their prices were better. SS brake lines are available from the same place. Regards.
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
Taras

Post by Taras »

Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
GMGQ

Post by GMGQ »

Hmm, I noticed they charge 15% tax on "all Canadian orders." Shouldn't they only charge 7% GST if we're not in the same province??
Gary Mui ( mx3style@shaw.ca )
Vancouver, BC, Canada
http://mx3slimvisors.2ya.com
tatsu

Post by tatsu »

15% is 8% Ontario PST plus GST. If I recall my inter-provincial mail order tax stuff correctly, you should not have to pay the Ontario PST if ordering from out of the province.<p>***UPDATED*** I just tried out a test-order on their website, and orders placed from BC are only charged 7% GST. The price for two front rotors (not sure if this includes shipping or not) is $256.80.<p>It should be noted that the KVR rotors are NOT Brembo rotors (I am pretty sure). I may be a bit of a "brand-snob", but I wouldn't trust anything generic on a car that my wife drives 75% of the time, and that I drive the wheels off of the other 25%...<p>I can probably get individual orders of rotors for about $5 - 10 more per rotor than the group buy price, if anyone is interested. I still wasn't able to find a good local source for Goodridge brake lines, but I will keep looking, since I am still planning to do them on our MX-3.<p>[ February 11, 2003: Message edited by: JP ]</p>
tatsu

Post by tatsu »

Just added what WAS in this post to my previous one.... If any of the "forum leaders" see this, this post can be deleted...<p>[ February 11, 2003: Message edited by: JP ]</p>
Paragon

Post by Paragon »

are these rotors smooth/crossdrilled or what?
tatsu

Post by tatsu »

The KVR rotors are cross-drilled, with cadmium plating available at extra cost.<p>The Brembo rotors I can get are available in standard (smooth), cross-drilled, or slotted. The holes on the drilled rotors and the slots on the slotted ones have properly radiused edges to prevent excessive pad wear. Note that these are NOT the Brembo Sport rotors (factory drilled/slotted), but are custom drilled/slotted from standard Brembo rotors. I should be able to get individual orders for the following prices:<p>Standard:<p>Front - $95 + tax each ($190 per pair)
Rear - $78 + tax each ($156 per pair)<p>Cross-Drilled:<p>Front - $135 + tax each ($270 per pair)
Rear - $110 + tax each ($220 per pair)<p>I do not currently have pricing on slotted rotors, but would expect them to be about $30 or so more than the drilled rotors.<p>If anybody is interested, e-mail me. I can get standard rotors next-day, and drilled rotors within one week.<p> synergyracing@shaw.ca

Return to “MX-West Car Club (Vancouver, BC / Calgary, AB)”