Short Shift

A forum for MX-West Car Club Related Topics. MX-West has two Chapters;, the original is in Vancouver, British Columbia, and the second is in Calgary, Alberta.
heattreated

Short Shift

Post by heattreated »

Hey I was installing my B&M shifter today and well I got to the part where it says install the spring.. I can't get it to fit..... does the spring fit in?? or just the shifter and the dust boot in the bottom and that all??? Pls Help!
to all civics "want to race?"
heattreated

Re: Short Shift

Post by heattreated »

damn.. I though I had it but the shifter fell throgh the bottom.. really mad at it.. I have no idea what I did wrong. I can't push the shifter in anymore to put the spring on and now it drops down.. pls help!
to all civics "want to race?"
Taras

Re: Short Shift

Post by Taras »

I installed mine and all worked fine. B&M regular stuff. Took me a long time to fit the thing in. There are a few tricks. First of all, you are remembering to put factory dust boot on, right? There are two rubber o-rongs on the swiweling assy that fits into shifter base. Well, when you put it in, grease it up and try to put it, the o-rings will get caught in the spring groove. One of my o-rings broke, so I used just a bottom one, no top one, then the whole ****er assembly will get in there. Spring will fit on the top. You may have the end on the spring not wanting to get into the grove, Just pull one of the inner coils out and then force the top end into the groove. Hope I made sense. Good luck.
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com

Return to “MX-West Car Club (Vancouver, BC / Calgary, AB)”