Damn Just got everything jacked from my car.....

A forum for MX-West Car Club Related Topics. MX-West has two Chapters;, the original is in Vancouver, British Columbia, and the second is in Calgary, Alberta.
heattreated

Damn Just got everything jacked from my car.....

Post by heattreated »

It sucks.. on Sat afternoon.. I parked my car at Park Royal (big shopping mall at WV) at 4:45 to go for a stroll with my gf... at 5:15 when I returned to my car.. everything is gone... my sub my deck my amp my insurcance papers!!!! its just wires cut and ripped out.. its a wreck. goot thing that I bolted my amp and sub on to metal and they had a hard time taking the thing out.. so they just ripped the carpet with it...so I don't have carpet left in my trunk! It sucks... but damn kids that stole my system! <P>Anyways enough about the *sigh* side of things.. need to hear what you think is good out there!!!<P>Alarm...what is best bang for bux (or one that works>><BR>Deck.. it will be cool to have mp3<BR>Amp to power 1 10 or maybe 1 10... <BR>what sub? (it will be great to keep the sound systems uner $1000 becasue that's all ICBC covers) <P>Well I guess Happy Thanks giving (I guess I indirectly gave to the thugs that took my stuff)<P>Peace..
to all civics "want to race?"
Shades

Re: Damn Just got everything jacked from my car.....

Post by Shades »

Shitty to hear...<P>I got a Panasonic MP3 Player... the 572 model. I like it... but another good one is the JVC one... not sure what the model is.<P>MP3 deck is nice... 150 song onto 1 CD...
JoN - Ex-Automotive Machinist Journeyman/Refrigeration Mechanic Apprentice
1996 Mazda MX-3 RS - Creek Blue Mica

RACING BP fully built with Twin Scroll GT3071R TURBO @ +30psi - Specs and Pictures

"Do it ONCE, do it RIGHT!"
Andrew_Pakula

Post by Andrew_Pakula »

Sorry to hear that man, they must have been watching you. That's what some of these guys do, they sit in their cars just watching and waiting for someone with a good car and system to park. As soon as the owner is out of range they get to it and they know they probably have enough time before you get back.
Shades

Post by Shades »

I don't know if it's a good thing... but I usually turn down my stereo when I drive into a parking lot... if they hear you coming they know. OR they just look into your car... my faceplate comes off even if I leave my car for 5 minutes...<P>Remember alarms are just theft deturants... they don't stop them from jacking your crap...
JoN - Ex-Automotive Machinist Journeyman/Refrigeration Mechanic Apprentice
1996 Mazda MX-3 RS - Creek Blue Mica

RACING BP fully built with Twin Scroll GT3071R TURBO @ +30psi - Specs and Pictures

"Do it ONCE, do it RIGHT!"

Post by Guest »

id say too keep it low in parking lots, for the love of freakin jebus dont put big a-- stickers that say "pioneer" or "vega" cause they might aswell say "i have a system so steal it". and try not too piss anyone off with it":P like driving around the burbs at 2 in the morning with it pumpin, the f**ker near my parents house with his VW golf is going to get a brick through his window soon":P ummm and i think a good sensitive alarm would be good, cause if it goes off while they are still trying to get in they'll probably take off, especially in a parking lot.
Jack_Frost

Post by Jack_Frost »

yea, turning the tunes down is a good idea. a friend didn't do this twice, and both times had his car broken into. the seconde time the deck was bolted to the firewall so they didn't quite get it, but mangled it in the process...<P>sucks for sure. get an alarm...get some ear-bleeders in there too! That's what I gotta get.
yutik

Post by yutik »

not to be mean.. but.. turning down maybe it helps a little.. but no.. usually if some guy hear ur car with good sound system.. they will follow you.. and even.. follow you home. Then at night.. they will steal stuffs at night time ..or.. even.. day time.. i know it all cuz i got all my stuffs stolen before too. over $4000.00 of toys.. sigh..<BR> and yes, i do have my alarm and it was just pack outside of my car. After putting everything back.. i install a better alarm. it's call computstar. it is a paging system. anything hits your car, your car alarm will page you and you will know your car has been hit or broken into.. "of coures" it's within some distances... but pretty long... <P>since i work for future shop.. i know many decks.. JVC is best for the value.. money for feature.. Sony got the look and Sony & Kenwood pick up mp3 the fastest.. pioneer got one of the best sound but worset for mp3.. my icq # 462013<BR>icq me if u have any questions =) sorry dude... i know.. it's fuxk sux..
Have fun "MXing" <~~ i like that word

94: MX3 GS with lotz of toys
THStrumpet

Post by THStrumpet »

sux dude, always get alarm before stereo....neways as for the mp3 cd player goes... check this..<BR> <A HREF="http://www.mx-3.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb. ... 8&t=000351" TARGET=_blank>http://www.mx-3.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb. ... =000351</A>
L83R,

Joel
SpeedConcepts #11

I live my life a quarter mile at a time, nothing else matters, for those 22 seconds or more, I'm free.
nksmx-3

Post by nksmx-3 »

man that sucks about the system i got my stuff jacked twice now and once was with an alarm, i dont know how they did it but they disconected the battery w/o setting off the alarm. so now all i got is a simple system.<BR>sorry it happed to you.
late night conversations turn into a fight, and all the years youve been frustrated finaly subside, and you walk away, to face the day, alone.

Return to “MX-West Car Club (Vancouver, BC / Calgary, AB)”