MX-West Website - Third Gen Site almost ready!

A forum for MX-West Car Club Related Topics. MX-West has two Chapters;, the original is in Vancouver, British Columbia, and the second is in Calgary, Alberta.
-=MagMan=-

MX-West Website - Third Gen Site almost ready!

Post by -=MagMan=- »

Hey there everyone! Well, after a nearly 2 year run on the web, the current design of the MX-West site is nearing retirement...<P>In it's place will arise an all-new & high-tech design Third Generation of the site, including the following technologies:<P>- Macromedia Flash Site Intro Video & Components<BR>- Java & JavaScript components<BR>- Microsoft Frontpage XP Server Extension plug-ins<BR>- Vector-based graphics interface<BR>- Floating IFRAME infrastructure<BR>- Single-page, integrated IFRAME based layout<BR>- Cascading Style Sheet (Level 1 & 2) Support<P>Once we have more server space, the following will also be added:<P>- Multimedia Videos in Windows Media Format<BR>- Audio clips in MP3 Format<BR>- Other files of interest<P>I will be posting a screenshot of the new layout tomorrow evening, and the Flash Intro page, along with the first Home page will be made public this Friday for initial web testing. After that, it's full-bore with the remaining pages.<P>If everything goes as smoothly as it has so far, the new site will be online by this year's West Coast Meet!<P>Because of all the work I am putting into the new site, there will be NO FURTHER UPDATES to the current site until this one is placed online.<P>Wish me luck!<p>[ July 03, 2002: Message edited by: MX-West Car Club ]
Edison Wrzosek<BR>Webmaster<BR>MX-West Car Club<BR>http://mxwest.tripod.com/
-=MagMan=-

Re: MX-West Website - Third Gen Site almost ready!

Post by -=MagMan=- »

Hey there again! Well, I managed to get the first page layout completed even faster than I had assumed!<P>I've uploaded a screenshot of the new design to one of my Shaw servers, here is the link:<P><A HREF="http://members.shaw.ca/cwcc/mxwest/beta/mxw_g3b1.jpg" TARGET=_blank>http://members.shaw.ca/cwcc/mxwest/beta ... /A><P>Tell me what you think! I could use your input on this one...
Jack_Frost

Post by Jack_Frost »

Not too shabby! Lookin' mighty fancy.<P>Just one note of caution (Kevin might have already talked to you about this) but make sure there is a skip button for the flash intro. Nothing aggravates me more than going to a site and not being able to skip the intro that i've seen time and time again.
MX-West Car Club

Post by MX-West Car Club »

Already done, sent Edison an e-mail this morning. It's looking good so far, he need to learn how to clip to path with some of the logo graphics though. :p
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com
wyldside
Supporting Member
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by wyldside »

The new design looks good. I like it! Are the member pages going to be in a similar format from what they are now? I'll need to update my info soon, so once you have the page up I'll just alter the coding of my info and send it back to you, to save you some time. Keep up the good work. If you ever need any extra Flash work just let me know, I'm not too bad at it. :D <P>-James
James Gosteli
X-Prez of MX-West

1992 Seal-Gray MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :mrgreen:
1992 White MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :( Worklog (Parting out)
1993 Blaze Red MX-3 GS - RIP :cry:
fictionaldaydream

Post by fictionaldaydream »

So what does it take to be in the MX-West Car Club, I mean I saw some people from the US in the club. :D
Jack_Frost

Post by Jack_Frost »

All yas need is an mx-3...it helps to like the car as well. that is all! I don't think it's a completely west-side club anymore, but that's where we're situated in the anyhow. It also helps is you can make it to the meets or an event, but it's not required.
-=MagMan=-

Post by -=MagMan=- »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by WyldSide:<BR><STRONG>The new design looks good. I like it! Are the member pages going to be in a similar format from what they are now? I'll need to update my info soon, so once you have the page up I'll just alter the coding of my info and send it back to you, to save you some time. Keep up the good work. If you ever need any extra Flash work just let me know, I'm not too bad at it. :D <P>-James</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Actually it won't be that easy for you :D The new member pages are going to be a blend of Flash, HTML & XML once it's completed. I'm actually working on the coding & animations at this moment on my desktop while I reply to you on my laptop :cool:<P>I'm going to ask all members to review their profiles currently online, both text and photos, and if you see any changes that need to be made (hint hint Brian...), please send me the updates ASAP... I'd like to incorporate the changes during the initial construction of the G3 site.

Return to “MX-West Car Club (Vancouver, BC / Calgary, AB)”