A story and maybe a new paint job... $?

A forum for MX-West Car Club Related Topics. MX-West has two Chapters;, the original is in Vancouver, British Columbia, and the second is in Calgary, Alberta.
Shades

A story and maybe a new paint job... $?

Post by Shades »

I have a beef about something, so I'm gonna let it out.<P>The car dealer I bought the car from had the driver's side door repainted and said that it was because someone tried to steal the car off his lot. Well little did I know that he was cheap... but I should of cause he's a car salesman! It would of cost him extra to get the paint people to take the plastic molding off... so they just painted without taking it off. Now the clear coat they put on is peeling off just by the window. Also the clear coat on the passenger side is peeling by the door hidge on the outside. This makes me very angry... as I got a quote to get the door repainted properly and it's gonna be like $400. That's my beef...<P>Now, I want to know has anyone repainted their whole car?... approximately how much does it cost?
JoN - Ex-Automotive Machinist Journeyman/Refrigeration Mechanic Apprentice
1996 Mazda MX-3 RS - Creek Blue Mica

RACING BP fully built with Twin Scroll GT3071R TURBO @ +30psi - Specs and Pictures

"Do it ONCE, do it RIGHT!"
Jack_Frost

Re: A story and maybe a new paint job... $?

Post by Jack_Frost »

This would be a question for Orange-GSR.<P>But if I were you, I would take it back to the dealer where you bought it and complain like mad. It is completely unfair that you should go through this problem and have to pay out of your pocket for something that should have been fixed properly in the first place. Talk to his manager...but i would try to get it out of him first. Just my 2c.<P>Jack.

Return to “MX-West Car Club (Vancouver, BC / Calgary, AB)”