Interested in Joining MX-West Car Club

A forum for MX-West Car Club Related Topics. MX-West has two Chapters;, the original is in Vancouver, British Columbia, and the second is in Calgary, Alberta.
MX-West Car Club

Interested in Joining MX-West Car Club

Post by MX-West Car Club »

If you are interested in joining MX-West Car Club or require more info before joining. Please contact us at mxwestcarclub@shaw.ca or www.mx-west.com. All MX-3 owners are welcome to join our club, you do not have to be living on the West Coast of Canada or Pac-Northwest of the US. :D :D :D

<small>[ October 07, 2004, 01:05 AM: Message edited by: MX-West Car Club ]</small>
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com
wgale

Re: Interested in Joining MX-West Car Club

Post by wgale »

Hey,<P>Do you guys organize any events/activities to exhange info or parts? What is the general attitude towards modified MX3s with your group? Thanks!
Soulflare

Post by Soulflare »

The club has annual meets to get together and share info on the mx-3s. As well as other events organized by MX-West like tours etc.<BR>Basically the club is for everyone with MX-3s to come together and enjoy the MX-3. Everyone is very friendly in the club and will most definitely welcome any MX-3ers to join. If u really are interested or have question u should email Kevin or check out the club website.
Soulflare
Pearl MX-3 GSR (SOLD)
Mystic RX-8 GT
millionflame

Post by millionflame »

I've interested been interested in the club for some time now, but never knew you accepted newbies. I'm on the Island, so I could come to meets and events. Also, what is it that your club does (other than meets, etc.) ???
~ Millionflame (94 GS 120K)
MX-West Car Club

We formed MX-West Car Club solely for MX-3 owners who love their car. We're always accept newbies to the club whether their MX-3 is modified or not. Even if you don't join the club, all MX-3 owners are invited to come out to all of our events. Besides getting together at our annual meet, going/entering import shows, road trips. We help each other out whether its installing parts or repairing the car, go out for dinner, go bowling, movies, arcade, etc. If you want to hook up with a couple of the members that live on the island, let me know and I can arrange something. Once in a while I go over to Victoria and hang with some of the members.
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com
yamaha125

Post by yamaha125 »

sure let me know what i need to do
millionflame

Post by millionflame »

I'd also like to know more, so post any info relating to this club please.<P>Thanks. :)
~ Millionflame (94 GS 120K)
MX-West Car Club

If you would like to join MX-West Car Club, there is an annual membership fee that members pay to the club. All membership fees are used to buy decals, t-shirts, prizes, etc. You will also receive a memership card that will entitle you to discounts/services from our list of business. <P>*Contact us directly at mxwestcarclub@shaw.ca if you are interested in joining. :)
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com
Damien

Post by Damien »

I too am interested in this mx-3 "club" but im only 18 (does it matter?), i just found this site about 3 days ago and am thankful, finally some good info on the mx-3, i bought my 94 mx-3 5 spd 4 cyl 1.6L about 5 months ago. Im very interested in import cars and am learning slowly. I was actually at one point debating on selling it because of mech probs, #1 the fan belt needed to be replaced #2 the lifters were clinking badly #3 the head gasket need to be replaced so at the same time i got the clutch replaced #4 CV joint went, causing some bad clunks turning corners (getting CV joint fixed tomorrow) but now #5 the lifters are making noises again. With all this money spent in parts i could have gotten a bodykit by now. Is it my luck? I dont drive it hard, im actually easy on the car (most the time). Seems like im pooring money into its engine, should i replace it with a more powerful engine? I need to chat with cool people who know the mx-3, i feel like im alone, its always honda this and honda that. I just recently spent 2g's on 17" wheels and another 3 bills on undercar neon kit. currently debating on buying a honda instead or a bodykit for my mx-3 that is constantly breaking down, any info on my car from someone who knows them would be a great help
2004 Nissan Xterra - Daily Driver
2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege - Sold
1994 MX-3 RS - Selling
Searching for a new performance car to buy, cant decide.

http://www.sounddomain.com/id/omenmx3
MX-West Car Club

There is no age restriction on joining MX-West Car Club. The only requirement is that you own a MX-3 and enjoy driving it. :D
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com
Damien

Post by Damien »

Kevin, i saw u at mission raceway on friday, i was the shy guy who parked my red mx3 200 feet away from the rest of you guys. I apologize for not being able to introduce myself better, Im Damien :) I wasnt there for that long but the 2 mx3's that raced were awesome, Fast and nice looking. I was planning on joining the meet in july but im affraid i might not be able to come in my car, its constantly breaking down (bad luck i guess) but ill try my best to make it. :) I also have a Question for anyone who can help, I dont know what my car is, GS or RS, was just wondering the difference between the two??!?, All i know about my car is its a (red)1994 mx-3 percidia 5 spd 4 cyl 1.6L DOHC
2004 Nissan Xterra - Daily Driver
2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege - Sold
1994 MX-3 RS - Selling
Searching for a new performance car to buy, cant decide.

http://www.sounddomain.com/id/omenmx3
MX-West Car Club

Hey Damien, no need to apologize. At least we got to meet and talk briefly. Yeah, Sean and Brian ran some pretty good times on friday. If you can make it out to the meet with the car that would be great. If the cars not running, see if you can get a ride off a friend and come on out anyways. This would be a real good opportunity for you to meet all the MX-3 owners that come out each year with their stock to modified MX-3s.<P>All MX-3s that are 4 cyl 1.6L are RS and all 1.8L V6 are GS models.
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com
Shades

Post by Shades »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MX-West Car Club:<BR>[QB]You will also receive a memership card that will entitle you to discounts/services from our list of business.[QB]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>What places do you get discount for? Are they just performance parts or stock parts too?<P>Also an off topic question cause I'm too lazy to post a new topic... where can I find a front strut bar in Vancouver?... or do I have to buy one online? Are there different makes/quality? What's good?<P>Thanks.
JoN - Ex-Automotive Machinist Journeyman/Refrigeration Mechanic Apprentice
1996 Mazda MX-3 RS - Creek Blue Mica

RACING BP fully built with Twin Scroll GT3071R TURBO @ +30psi - Specs and Pictures

"Do it ONCE, do it RIGHT!"
MX-West Car Club

We are in contact with businesses around the lower mainland, van island and the states that we deal with on an a daily basis and ask them if they offer discounts to car clubs. If they say yes, then we ask them if we can join their discount program for car clubs. As a member you will receive the club discount offered by the business when you make a purchase or have services done from them. Performance parts at this point, we are working at trying to get discounts off stock parts as well.<P>No, you do not have to buy on-line. You'll have to look in the Yellow Pages under Automobile Racing & Sports Car Equipment and call them up to see if they carry it. There are many types of strut bars for the MX-3, Cork Sport has their own brand, Ractive, GAB, Cusco and Fastco. They are pretty much all good, if your on a budget then get the Cork Sport, Ractive or Fastco strut tower bar.
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com
I_love_my_MX-3

Post by I_love_my_MX-3 »

so theres no restriction on location?? Because I live in TX therefore would most likely not be able to make any meets. But Id like to still get to know all the MXers out there and represent the club down South.<P>Peace,<BR>-Alex
1992 MX-3 handed down to my sis :)
1992 MR-2 Turbo sold and missed :(
1995 Integra GS-R :)

Return to “MX-West Car Club (Vancouver, BC / Calgary, AB)”