KL-03

A forum for MX-West Car Club Related Topics. MX-West has two Chapters;, the original is in Vancouver, British Columbia, and the second is in Calgary, Alberta.
Talon_66

KL-03

Post by Talon_66 »

I know I should have posted this question, in the other forum, but... I am was wondering if anyone knew where I could pick up a KL-03 in the BC area?
93 GS, KLZE, KL31 ECU, Centerforce Stg 3 Clutch, 2.25" Exhaust w/Flowmaster muffler, OBX Headers, Pheno Spacers, Front & rear X-drilled/slotted Rotors, KVR pads, SS brake & clutch lines, Ractive Filter, H&R Springs, Tokico Blue Struts, 8mm Accel Wires, MSD 6A w/ Blaster 2 Coil, HVAC Indiglo Panel. *Sold*
06 Eclipse GT *Sold*
08 Evo X GSR *Current*
mattster

Re: KL-03

Post by mattster »

The auto wrecking/auto recycling yard would be the best spot to start... thats what im doing soon.
92 Mazda MX-3 GS: blaze red, bone stock, and daily driver
86 RX-7 GXL: '94 LT1 V8, 6 speed tranny, scary fast. SOLD
93 Mazda RX7 R1 LS1/6speed... 75% complete

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mattsterrx7" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
^link to my V8 swap page
Talon_66

Post by Talon_66 »

Been looking, haven't found jack. Just wonderin if anyone knows something I don't
93 GS, KLZE, KL31 ECU, Centerforce Stg 3 Clutch, 2.25" Exhaust w/Flowmaster muffler, OBX Headers, Pheno Spacers, Front & rear X-drilled/slotted Rotors, KVR pads, SS brake & clutch lines, Ractive Filter, H&R Springs, Tokico Blue Struts, 8mm Accel Wires, MSD 6A w/ Blaster 2 Coil, HVAC Indiglo Panel. *Sold*
06 Eclipse GT *Sold*
08 Evo X GSR *Current*
MX-West Car Club

Post by MX-West Car Club »

Talon_66, would you be interested in a KL-ZE instead of the KL-03.
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com
Talon_66

Post by Talon_66 »

Yeah, I am interested in any 2.5L right now. I think my engine is going to kick the bucket soon. And I really need a new clutch.. so I figure do them both @ the same time.
06 Eclipse GT *Sold*
08 Evo X GSR *Current*
MX-West Car Club

Hey Talon_66 give JK Japanese in Richmond a call at 604-270-1995 or toll free 1-888-294-6409.
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com
Talon_66

Post by Talon_66 »

Ok, I think I will give them a jingle. Do u know what there prices are like though?
06 Eclipse GT *Sold*
08 Evo X GSR *Current*
MX-West Car Club

Sorry man, don't remember what they wanted for it. If you get the ZE, make sure you get a intake manifold from a Millenia or Eunos 800. The original ZE intake manifold won't work in the car because of the angle for the throttle body. Don't get a Centerforce Dual Friction clutch,been hearing that it sucks on the MX-3 especially on the 2.5L engines. Get a good clutch like the ACT Stage III. You will also need a reprogrammed ECU for the ZE.
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com
Talon_66

Post by Talon_66 »

Yeah I was planning on Doing the whole 9 yards with the ECU and all the s--- under the hood, and I was planning on getting an ACT stage 2 clutch, cause I hear good s--- about ACT
06 Eclipse GT *Sold*
08 Evo X GSR *Current*
MX-West Car Club

Yeah, ACT Clutch kicks a--. One of our members has the Stage III installed in his car when he swapped to the 2.5L KL-ZE and I got a chance to test drive it. Man does that clutch ever bite. I'm gonna get one for my RS when I have enough money to do the 1.8L BPT swap. I've heard nothing but bad things on the Centerforce Dual Friction. :eek:
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com

Return to “MX-West Car Club (Vancouver, BC / Calgary, AB)”