Strict laws on modifications!!

A forum for MX-West Car Club Related Topics. MX-West has two Chapters;, the original is in Vancouver, British Columbia, and the second is in Calgary, Alberta.
Soulflare

Strict laws on modifications!!

Post by Soulflare »

Just to inform everyone if they don't know already that there is a MAJOR stict law on all modified cars in lowermainland. Especially Richmond area. The police are pulling over almost ALL modified cars in this area which I find BS. Alot of ppl have already been pulled over for mufflers, lights, lowering etc. Just find it really rediculous. I know they are doing it becuz of the recent accidents happening... but almost all of those accidents aren't modified cars. Just becuz a car is modified doens't mean its a road racer. Just my 2 cent!<P>Soulflare<BR>94 KL-03 GSR
Soulflare
Pearl MX-3 GSR (SOLD)
Mystic RX-8 GT
MX-West Car Club

Re: Strict laws on modifications!!

Post by MX-West Car Club »

Definately stay the hell away from Richmond if you do not have to go there at all. :( The police in Richmond are on a power trip right now from all the street racing and accidents caused by it. It is not worth the hassel getting a ticket or your car impounded for just driving around normally down there with your modified car.<P>MX-West Car Club does not condone or support Street Racing at all. Take it down to the track if you have the urge to race.<P>BTW for all of you that don't know or do not live in the lowermainland area of BC, some of the local RCMP Detachments are running J-Spec WRX's direct from Subaru Japan. :eek:
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com
wyldside
Supporting Member
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Strict laws on modifications!!

Post by wyldside »

So far, here in Calgary, they are not as strict with Modified cars. Everyone here speeds on a regular basis. There have been so many cut-backs to the enforcement that they mainly just using photo radar. I have noticed that the cops here are quite touchy when it comes to tinted windows and of course NOS. Only the cops are aloud to use NOS here. Oh Well, if people really want to race; there is a race track here at Race City Speedway. <A HREF="http://wyldsidetech.com/precidia/" TARGET=_blank>1993 Blaze Red MX-3 Precidia GS</A>
James Gosteli
X-Prez of MX-West

1992 Seal-Gray MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :mrgreen:
1992 White MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :( Worklog (Parting out)
1993 Blaze Red MX-3 GS - RIP :cry:

Return to “MX-West Car Club (Vancouver, BC / Calgary, AB)”