seat belt light

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
ZEmadman

seat belt light

Post by ZEmadman »

hey guys, i just got done doing the seat belt warning light removal this weekend so i could get rid of that random *BEEP BEEP BEEP* whenever im driving, as if i wasnt wearing a seat belt. i had to do it WITHOUT getting the seat out, i might add.

...but

now the light stays on constantly, and when i go from a stop it flashes rapidly until i hit like 10mph. any suggestions on how to get rid of this? i pulled the right wires (according to the guide)

whats the deal???

btw, i've got a step by step photo guide i'd be willing to post if someone will suggest a place that hosts images for free...
MX3-Freak

Re: seat belt light

Post by MX3-Freak »

Originally posted by ZEmadman:

btw, i've got a step by step photo guide i'd be willing to post if someone will suggest a place that hosts images for free...
www.photobucket.com

can some1 FAQ this addy? Its a very good site.
Stock 1995 RS - Creek Blue
Car Meanins:
Honda: Hang On, Not Done Accelerating
FORD: Frequently Overhauled, Rarely Driven
Mazda: Must Always Zoom Down Asphalt
h8ter

Post by h8ter »

ZEmadman, I just got done doing the same mod. Go back and make sure you extracted the correct wires. I followed the instructions from MX-3.com and it worked like a charm. I also removed the beeper module from the backside of the fusebox just for safe measure. But I'm very happy woth the results, I'd say look at it again and correct what may have been mistakenly disconnected. Good luck.
ZEmadman

Post by ZEmadman »

how did you remove the module from the back of the fusebox? i'll double check and make sure i pulled the right ones but im 90% sure i did

[edit]just checked, yup, pulled the right wires. the 3 that were highlighted on the diagram. :shrug:

<small>[ August 16, 2004, 02:09 PM: Message edited by: ZEmadman ]</small>
zevirii

Post by zevirii »

do you guys know if by doing this the seat belts might not function correctly??
ZEmadman

Post by ZEmadman »

you just have to listen when you start the car and make sure that your seat belt locks into place at the end of the rail

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”