15.8 at 89mph!!

A forum for Drag Strip/Track Racing Discussions. (NO Street Racing or Kill Stories, they WILL be deleted.)
Gro Harlem

15.8 at 89mph!!

Post by Gro Harlem »

Ran my Hybrid at the track this past weekend. Who says the B6 SOHC 8v is a weak motor? I just installed a 91' 323 motor two weekends ago and finally ran it this past weekend. Just running a straight header, no cat, no piping, no muffler (waiting on my order to come in from austrailia for the header).<p>I got a video of it too. The B6 with no exhaust sounds awesome!!
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
torpedan

Re: 15.8 at 89mph!!

Post by torpedan »

Yeah the BP roars without it to. When i first installed the motor i got to test drive it aroudn my brothers neighborhood without the exsaust hooked up just an open header.. Dear god i drooled at the sound the motor screamed on the top end. Was a fun day it could be heard blocks away.. even at 2am BAHAHAHAHA<p>Keep us updated on how the projecty goes my brother is getting a festiva and has my old DOHC mx3 motor laying aroudn to go in it.
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
andy

Post by andy »

very nice time. thats quite the sleeper. I'll admit if I were at a light and losing to a festiva
I would go home, pop the hood and look for things gone wrong.
Do you know what the weight of the car is?
Can you post the details of your run? I.E. 60',1/8 mile, etc.
Andy P 93 GS
Marlon

Post by Marlon »

i always wanted to gutt a festiva then put my old sohc from my mx-3 in it, as a winter beater and a sleeper lol
88 hp in a 1500 lbs car (after gutted) :eek:
what tranny you using?
1993 MX-3 GS V6 - Stock
2004 MazdaSpeed MX-5
2004 RX-8 - Project
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

WHeres the vid!!!
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
Steeb

Post by Steeb »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by cjthor:
WHeres the vid!!!<hr></blockquote>
torpedan

Post by torpedan »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr> very nice time. thats quite the sleeper. I'll admit if I were at a light and losing to a festiva
<hr></blockquote><p>Hehehe yeah it might be slightly insulting for that to happen but given i know the familia and what it can do i actually have more respect for that car than i do a lot of other sport coupes. which the car is a far cry from that
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
TopGun

Post by TopGun »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Marlon:
i always wanted to gutt a festiva then put my old sohc from my mx-3 in it, as a winter beater and a sleeper lol
88 hp in a 1500 lbs car (after gutted) :eek:
what tranny you using?
<hr></blockquote><p>Still might not be that fast - Motorcycle (avg 600cc) weighs less than half, has about same hp and runs 12ish?<p>marlon -where'd you get your engine swap done? I'm looking for good places to buy parts in KW
Speed Kills - Drive a honda, live forever...
Marlon

Post by Marlon »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Top Gun:
<p>Still might not be that fast - Motorcycle (avg 600cc) weighs less than half, has about same hp and runs 12ish?<p>marlon -where'd you get your engine swap done? I'm looking for good places to buy parts in KW<hr></blockquote><p>i got most of my parts from corksport , the engine from japan auto parts and got the engine swap done at a friends shop
1993 MX-3 GS V6 - Stock
2004 MazdaSpeed MX-5
2004 RX-8 - Project
jkpgt96

Post by jkpgt96 »

I'd be interested to see the other parts of the run as well..
Laser Red '96 GT-12:1-IBeams-10k RPM-EXT. OIL PUMP-COLT ONE-OFF CAMS-CUSTOM LONGTUBES-SHEETMETAL IM-BUILT HEADS-125 SHOT-PAR 3/4 GEARSETS-MFACTORY LSD-ETC..SHOULD BE A FUN RIDE..:thup:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/542054
DavidOS

Post by DavidOS »

andy wrote:very nice time. thats quite the sleeper. I'll admit if I were at a light and losing to a festiva
Do you know what the weight of the car is?
Can you post the details of your run? I.E. 60',1/8 mile, etc.
Andy P 93 GS

or not a sleeper at all seeing as it would be LOUD AS HELL
1994, GS, KLZE, 67mm TB, LightFlywheel, Centreforce Stg 3 Clutch, CAI, KL36 ecu, B&M shortshifter, Solid poly mounts, lightweight Aluminum Cross memeber, 2.5 high flo cat, 2.5 all back, Tanabe Exhaust, optima battery, ZX2 HD tokicos, eibach prokit, black altezzas.....

http://www.modifiedmazda.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

Return to “Drag Strip/Track Racing”