mx-3 1.8 v6 VS. mini cooper (base)

A forum for Drag Strip/Track Racing Discussions. (NO Street Racing or Kill Stories, they WILL be deleted.)
Sean Mandell

mx-3 1.8 v6 VS. mini cooper (base)

Post by Sean Mandell »

I finally got to race one of these and I was a little disappointed. In first, he got a quick half car jump on me and I launched perfectly. In second, I reeled him in and still in second managed to blow by him. In third, I was about 30 cars ahead as he learned a valuble lesson and threw in the towel. I know it was just a base mini but I didn't expect to crush him like pop can. :D
"A hero and a coward both feel fear but it is the hero who reacts first while the coward hides behind the hero"
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Re: mx-3 1.8 v6 VS. mini cooper (base)

Post by cjthor »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by nvrsrndr:<BR><STRONG>I finally got to race one of these and I was a little disappointed. In first, he got a quick half car jump on me and I launched perfectly. In second, I reeled him in and still in second managed to blow by him. In third, I was about 30 cars ahead as he learned a valuble lesson and threw in the towel. I know it was just a base mini but I didn't expect to crush him like pop can. :D</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR> What year is your car and what engine..Any mods? I drive a cooper all day and wonder what you got under your hood. What track could you possible be ahead by 30 car lengths? Sounds like he wasnt racing.
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
5spd_GS

Post by 5spd_GS »

30 car lenghts... in 3rd!?<P>dude i dont think that guy was racing..<P> :eek:
Calen Sansom
1994 MX-3 GS Sparkle Green
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 5spd_GS:<BR><STRONG>30 car lenghts... in 3rd!?<P>dude i dont think that guy was racing..<P> :eek:</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR> No way.. From the numbers I have seen a stock MINI should be able to keep up with a GS sitting at a stock 16.5 quarter mile.
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
Sean Mandell

Post by Sean Mandell »

I was 30 car lengths away cause when I blew by him in second he just gave up. he is also my friend and said that being in both cars my car handles better than stock mini and has way better high end.<P>my car has very well maintained v6 1.8 without a/c and always fed with sunoco 94 and synthetic oil. I have coldair intake and 2 1/2 inch mandrel bent exhaust and weight reduction of about 200lbs. I also have ground controls and tokico blues and frt and rear strut and sway bars.<P>Obviously if he continued the whole race I would have won by about 2 to 3 car lengths maybe more. I think that having my suspension done profesionally has given my car all its true hp.
"A hero and a coward both feel fear but it is the hero who reacts first while the coward hides behind the hero"
Sean Mandell

Post by Sean Mandell »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cjthor:<BR><STRONG><BR> What year is your car and what engine..Any mods? I drive a cooper all day and wonder what you got under your hood. What track could you possible be ahead by 30 car lengths? Sounds like he wasnt racing.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>It is a 94 GS and I have smoked others of my kind. sometimes i wonder if i might have a klo3 or something cause even my friends stock lude cant beat me. The intake mani says k8 thou.
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by nvrsrndr:<BR><STRONG><BR>It is a 94 GS and I have smoked others of my kind. sometimes i wonder if i might have a klo3 or something cause even my friends stock lude cant beat me. The intake mani says k8 thou.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR> I still raise the BS flag on 30 car lengths. I have raced a gs with a stock cooper before and since the MINI gets 105FWHP I was right there with him.
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
Sean Mandell

Post by Sean Mandell »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cjthor:<BR><STRONG><BR> I still raise the BS flag on 30 car lengths. I have raced a gs with a stock cooper before and since the MINI gets 105FWHP I was right there with him.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>It is impossible to beat any car by that much unless they gave up. which he did and I have raced other mx-3 gs's and smoked them by 2 cars. anyways the cooper is slower and thats that.
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by nvrsrndr:<BR><STRONG><P>It is impossible to beat any car by that much unless they gave up. which he did and I have raced other mx-3 gs's and smoked them by 2 cars. anyways the cooper is slower and thats that.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR> Go to the track and race one. I bet money on it that it will be almost neck and neck. Just because you found someone on the street and you were revin on him and he didnt want to play doesnt mean you are faster..
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
Sean Mandell

Post by Sean Mandell »

It was a friends cooper and he wanted to race me. Lets not get confused with the cooper s here. the new mini also is a lot heavier then the old one by like 800lbs. maybe your rs will be neck to neck.
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by nvrsrndr:<BR><STRONG>It was a friends cooper and he wanted to race me. Lets not get confused with the cooper s here. the new mini also is a lot heavier then the old one by like 800lbs. maybe your rs will be neck to neck.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Confused?? HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Dude I sell MINIs for a living. They are heavier but they do get 90 percent of their power to the wheels unlike the GS that mightget lucky at 80%. Sorry man but I do know what I am talking bout.
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
Sean Mandell

Post by Sean Mandell »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cjthor:<BR><STRONG><BR>Confused?? HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Dude I sell MINIs for a living. They are heavier but they do get 90 percent of their power to the wheels unlike the GS that mightget lucky at 80%. Sorry man but I do know what I am talking bout.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>well did you know that they roughly weight the same and the gs has almost 25 more hp stock form?
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by nvrsrndr:<BR><STRONG><P>well did you know that they roughly weight the same and the gs has almost 25 more hp stock form?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR> And due to the drivetrain layout of the GS you lose approximately 18 percent getting to the wheels..Dude I dont want to argue this anymore. COOL!!! You beat your buddies MINI!<BR> YOU RULE!!<BR> Oh yeah P.S. your car handles better? Then that also means that your car handles better than a new M3 cuz the MINI in its stock form beat out the M3 in the slalom course by a second. I know you have ground control and stuff..So do I on my RS. A MINI Still handles better.<P>[ October 14, 2002: Message edited by: cjthor ]<p>[ October 14, 2002: Message edited by: cjthor ]
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
Sean Mandell

Post by Sean Mandell »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cjthor:<BR><STRONG><BR> the MINI in its stock form beat out the M3 in the slalom course by a second. <P>[ October 14, 2002: Message edited by: cjthor ]<P>[ October 14, 2002: Message edited by: cjthor ]</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>r u on drugs? slalom is judged in M.P.H. not seconds. Ok buddy, I am suppose to believe that the stock mini can out handle my mx-3 with suspension mods. ;)
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

i'm done. have a nice day
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)

Return to “Drag Strip/Track Racing”