MX3 GS vs. VW Corrado

A forum for Drag Strip/Track Racing Discussions. (NO Street Racing or Kill Stories, they WILL be deleted.)

MX3 GS vs. VW Corrado

Post by Guest »

i dont know what typa engine they sport or anything but im guessing theyre kinda in the same league as us, what ya think?
MX3RS

Re: MX3 GS vs. VW Corrado

Post by MX3RS »

Dont even bother. They will woop your a--. They come either with a supercharged 4 banger or a VR6 so you are going to lose.
Hy300

Post by Hy300 »

I've found that the MX-3 can accellerate faster than most other "common" imports at higher speeds, probably because of its weight. Above fifty, if you're good, you can start closing the gap. The problem is that he's gonna have you off the line, by a few car lengths.
torpedan

Post by torpedan »

Kinda odd most of the times i race its the other way around.. the tourqe toasts em on the line but i start to lose ground on the high end....
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

could be the difference between the rs and gs models. You have a faster revving engine and that helps with accel., but lack of hp makes it hard to do anything on the high end
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by torpedan:<BR><STRONG>Kinda odd most of the times i race its the other way around.. the tourqe toasts em on the line but i start to lose ground on the high end....</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>You have LESS torque than them. Your car is lighter..thats why it launches a bit better.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
ghandi1981

Post by ghandi1981 »

my sister has a corrado and it is fast as hell....too bad it needs a new tranny...hehe<P>AJ
resurected KL-ZE,ZE ECU, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, CMIII, home depot CAI, Hiflow Cat, 2 1/2" piping, exhaust, 2 MASS 2012's, Cadence A7, Blaupunkt Casablanca, and a no damn CEL light!!!
CanadianMx-3

Post by CanadianMx-3 »

Dont bother, I had a G60 3years ago and that thing pulls hard. Not alot of hp but more than the mx. The torque in the supercharger is unreal. It doesnt rev too high but still It will slaughter the MX and I wont even start with the VR6
Dedicated SR20 SLUT
93mxrgs

Post by 93mxrgs »

i'd mess with a corrado... they arent that fast.. 15.50s stock
Black-93 mx-3 Gs-R<BR>with goodies :) :)<BR>Hondas suck, and yes i race them...<BR>oops i mean no no i dont

Post by Guest »

i checked on the msn.com website, they say that the 1.8L supercharged has 158hp and 166 lb-ft of torque while the 2.8L has 178hp and 177 lb-ft of torque, specs sound right, yeah, a---whuppin is at hand...
curtklze

Post by curtklze »

VR6's have the same power as my MX-3 GSR.<BR>around 177-180, I CAN'T drive that well so my times were 15.7-16.1 sec so a good drive would probably put down a 15.3-15.7.<P>If you dont have some serious up grades I wouldnt bother.
DONT SHIP WITH UPS!!! DIE UPS DIE!!!!!
Yes, I AM a bastard
Here is my web site, I made this last year but didnt feel like shareing it untill now.
http://members.rogers.com/curts-klze/

How does this guy know so much?
He's a licenced BMW technician.
93mxrgs

Post by 93mxrgs »

i pull off consistent 14.60s with my kl-03, with a best of 14.50. this is N/a by the way.. with the nitrous my best is 13.2.. well the nitrous is no longer.. its been sold.. i outgrew it :).. heh he.. time to get a REAL kit no more ricer nitrous (lol thanks coleman :) )
Black-93 mx-3 Gs-R<BR>with goodies :) :)<BR>Hondas suck, and yes i race them...<BR>oops i mean no no i dont
FroSTeD

Post by FroSTeD »

My 2 neighboord raced togheter, 1 has an Eagle Talon TSI (95) FWD and the other a VW Corrado (VR6)<P>It seems that @ the acceleration they are equal until 100km/h and after that the TSI starts to get ahead of the Corrado. A TSI does it in 7 seconds or somewhere near of that so does the Corrado.<P>So even with the GS model, I don't think a mx-3 can stand against that type of cars. The Corrado does 0-400m in 15.3 and 0-1000 in 27.5. The top speed is somewhere near of 230km/h (like the TSI but the TSI hit the speed cut-off because it is only at 5000rpm)<P>Anyways, if it's a VR6 there is not a chance.<p>[ August 17, 2002: Message edited by: FroSTeD ]

Return to “Drag Strip/Track Racing”