Got paint on vinyl door panels

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Ainu69

Got paint on vinyl door panels

Post by Ainu69 »

hey everyone, i need some help. i just recently painted my door panels and they turned out terrible i never taped properly etc.. so i ended up getting different color paint on the door, so in my wisdom i decided to paint it. well not knowing that i need a certin type of paint it now is just sticky, it seems like it just wont dry, now i need to know if anyone can give me an idea what to use to clean it off, so at least its not sticky. then i will get the correct paint to paint it. and if anyone even knows what type of paint to use to paint(from experience)

i got the doors going into the shop to get done with some new fabric because i have to at least save the doors so they look alright, but i have to clean the doors by friday so i can make sure there done.

please if anyone has anything that can help me

thanks chris
10-4
n_o_s_21

Re: Got paint on vinyl door panels

Post by n_o_s_21 »

Paint thinners, not concentrated, works probably the best. use alot of absorbant rags, put the thinners on the rags, and start wiping. don't put the thinner directly on the vynil, and alsoas soon as you are clean, wipe the vynil down with an armor-all type moisturizer. armor all is not the best because over time it deteriorates things. the thinners will dry out you vynil so don't do it in direct sunlight and preferably in the morning or evening when its cool out. it will take longer for the thinners to evaporate and it gives you more time to moisturize. hope this helps
DJsMX-3

Post by DJsMX-3 »

I would try to use rubbing alcohol at first its the mildest thing to startup with so you dont end up ruining anything.. ;)
1992 MX-3 V6 Z1 Arbet VIII 17 x 8" -35mm Proracing Springs on KYB Sports, Corksport Strutbars, Brembo Cross Drilled & Slotted, Goodridge SS Brakelines, Corksport SS Clutchline, Mazdaspeed Enginemounts & Front arm bushings, All SRD bushings in shifterlinkage and cross member, Pacesetter Shortshifter, KN Conefilter, Custom SS Exhaust, Stereo Oldschool Goodies Denon & Phoenix Gold, Boston Pro & Cerwin Vega and lots of other small goodies
Ainu69

Post by Ainu69 »

well i used thinner and cleaned them right down, i then hosed them down and then used a protect spray to make them shine. only time will tell if there was alot of damage but we will see...

chris
10-4

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”