buying a mx3

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
mx_girl

buying a mx3

Post by mx_girl »

might be buying a 92 gs..for under a grand..seller says right cv needs to be replaced and springs and shocks..is this pricey to fix? or should i go ahead and get it?how much do you think it would all cost for it to get fixed..that is the only known major problem with it. other than that, the car is a v6 5 speed with under 160k miles..let me know what yall think

thanks!
Gro Harlem

Re: buying a mx3

Post by Gro Harlem »

Right axle is easier to replace then left. It should cost between 60-100 for labor and 70-100 for the parts to replace the axle.

Don't let the place that fixes it just replace the CV boot either, that won't last. You want to replace the full assembly which isn't that expensive anyways.
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
mx_girl

Post by mx_girl »

thanks for the info! so do you think i should get it. the guy only wants 700 for the car..and if i get it i should just get everything replaced? he says the car was just hit and thats why the right side is all messed up. he said its still drivable but it makes the thumping noise while driving-

thanks
Ainu69

Post by Ainu69 »

Hello there, 700 is an exellent price as long as you have the money to fix it up, now i went to Midas in Victoria(Canada) and this is what i got fixed

CV shaft (Clicking sound when turning) = 300
CV boot (Clunking sound when driving) = 300

Now you can get them done cheaper then that i was just so pissed i just wanted it done i couldn't handle the damn sound. Parts we cheap between 60-100 , but they go by the damn book for hours somthing that may take a guy 1 hr, they will drag it out to the book time and charge you 2.

just look around for a good mechanic, those backyard guys are the best, just got to find one.

good luck and if you buy it tell me how things go

ps. Get it look at before you buy it, i belive there is a 150 point inspection you can get done, you may find other things wrong with it that might hurt you in the long run.
10-4
mx_girl

Post by mx_girl »

thanks again!
more good info-
my partner knows a guy that does car work on the side for a hobby, so i might go to him. he doesnt charge labor and he can get parts real cheap! i think i will get this car and tell you all how it goes

thanks again
mx_girl

Post by mx_girl »

its the summer time..so i really dont need to drive a car around and besides..i just got my crotch rocket! :) but getting this fixed up souldnt take long to fix? i hope its not going to be in the shop for a long time-
mx_girl

Post by mx_girl »

:( ...was going to buy it today
but the guy sold it this morning-very depressing
oh, well looks like ill just have to look for another..thanks 4 all your help though, guys
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

I just bought mine 2 weeks ago for 1000. The guyt even gave me a written and signed 6 month warranty on the engine, since it just got rebuilt. Its a 92 v6 5 speed. Im so happpy with it. Bad things are that the rear brake pad is 100& worn and the rear passanger side strut is bad. Also its missing the main power window switch, located it already online for 25dlls working and shipped. Also he gave me a month to pay him the remaining 250 dlls i owe him. Is this a sweet deal or what :D I seen these babies retail for 1500 and up. Oh yeah and the hatch lift things are bad. When I pay him in full hes gonna give me the title and the car manual. I saw the title and everythings fine n legit. Im not to happy with it being a 1.8 v6 since my last car was an 87 maxima..BUT this car has already gotten me 2 chicks :X no one would even turn toi me in my 87 maxima LOL anywho well I look forward into getting to know all of u. And to that guy that lost the mx3 well good luck , keep looking and im sure ull find one. As a matter of fact theres a man here selling one for 500, good engine but its the sohc :S also needs front bumper and hood and fender, not sure if its a good buy. Its located in El Paso Tx if anyone interested. Also i seen some on ebay for around 800 and up. Lately I have been seeing alot of mx3s around.

-hector
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
mx_girl

Post by mx_girl »

Thanks for the support. Yeah I am still going to look for one. I mean I found one, so there has to be another one some day. It just sucks because I wanted a gs v6 and i found one, but didnt get it in time. My sister lives in Dallas, I know thats miles away from el paso, but still, im willing to go the distance for a good mx3. :shrug: I think the cars are worth it-
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

Well if you are serious about finding one, I can dig one up from local classifieds or even get you a really cheap one in good condition. email me hgallegos915@msn.com Ive seen alot for sale here. Also theres mexico but for that you would have to come down personally and inspect the car, and i would have to make sure it is an american title car. But im sure u can find one for aropund 1000 near your home town. Since thats where cars ver here come from. They come from denver, and houston. Prices are super great!! I have seen some at auction for 300 dlls o.0 the peoplr there take em for 600 dlls home :o

-hec
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Silkwyrm

Post by Silkwyrm »

Glad to hear of another Mx-3 enthusiast here in Wisconsin. Even if you dont have one yet. Where are you from? I used to live in Waukesha, but recently moved to Janesville. Though I'm still working in Milwaukee. If you ever get one and need help with it let me know.

Rik
rdebie@charter.net
mx_girl

Post by mx_girl »

I WILL NOT STOP LOOKING TILL I GET ONE..LOL I use to have one before, but had to get rid of it. Well I am located in Burlington, Wisconsin. I know where Janesville is at. I use to be in the national guard and that is where my drills were held at. I was just recently discharged though..anywho As soon as I get my mx, i will want to get up with you to work on em. Thanks for the post (s)

erin-
Silkwyrm

Post by Silkwyrm »

Sounds cool :) good luck in your MX-3 hunt.

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”