front brakes

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
JYOUNYA1

front brakes

Post by JYOUNYA1 »

My brakes kept squealing, but they werent wearing out. They have been squealing for like 3 months off and on...the rotors are str8,a nd teh pads are good. So I took one caliper off the front drivers side and inspected it(I even dissconnected the and re-connected hose with the screw with the hole in it for the brake fluid line, if you know what I am talking about), and nothing was wrong, then I check the rear pass. caliper and nothing was wrong(dissconnected and connected back), now that the brake assemblies are back together, it feels as though only my rear brakes are working...i have to press the paddle way down for the car to stop, and in some occaisions, the rear brakes will let off a little smoke...before I did all this it took no force what so ever to engage the brake...Please MX-ers, help me, I dont like when my MX is sick...all your help will be greatly appreciated...thnks
93 MX-3 GS 1.8 Liter V6 Teal Mods: Pace (Maker) Setter Custom Catback/ Phantom Auto Meters: Voltage/ Water temp, Air/Fuel (in which not one gauge except voltage works) / Custom piece of s*** intake / 17" RacingHart Z5000 wrap in Khumos that are dry rotten / Altezza Tail lamps/ Custom Black interior (still in the works)/reverse indiglo gauges/ Push Button Starter/ Viper alarm with Proximity sensor/ Brembo slotted and dimpled rotors/ rear hatch shade/ Pioneer Premier DEH-840MP, ,2 custome fitted 6"inch pioneer door speakers, 1 Pioneer Premier 200 watt amp
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: front brakes

Post by mitmaks »

dude youre lucky it stops at all, if you dont know what youre doing dont mess with brakes it might cost you your car or even your life. You need your brakes to be bled, you shouldnt've taken off hoses it let in air. now you have to bleed all 4 of them, starting with back ones first then front
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
JYOUNYA1

Post by JYOUNYA1 »

Mitmkas, thanks alot man...I am sort of a rising backyard mechanic, I kind of rush the brakes(because of a trip I had to take, thank goodness other circumstances held me from going), but tomorrow I will definitly bleed all 4 brakes, and refill the brake fluid, I do have the repair manual from Haynes.

Those are some nice chargers man...I wish I could start a project like that. I can only imagine the look in your face when you are completely finished...ML&GB
93 MX-3 GS 1.8 Liter V6 Teal Mods: Pace (Maker) Setter Custom Catback/ Phantom Auto Meters: Voltage/ Water temp, Air/Fuel (in which not one gauge except voltage works) / Custom piece of s*** intake / 17" RacingHart Z5000 wrap in Khumos that are dry rotten / Altezza Tail lamps/ Custom Black interior (still in the works)/reverse indiglo gauges/ Push Button Starter/ Viper alarm with Proximity sensor/ Brembo slotted and dimpled rotors/ rear hatch shade/ Pioneer Premier DEH-840MP, ,2 custome fitted 6"inch pioneer door speakers, 1 Pioneer Premier 200 watt amp
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Originally posted by JYOUNYA1:
I do have the repair manual from Haynes.
Then, you should have noticed it doesn't tell you to disconnect the fluid line to inspect or change your pads. There's a reason for that.
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

thank about charger, ya im working on it as much as i can.
there was guy in my college shop class that worked at parts store and he didnt bleed his brakes (should've known that, YOU work at parts store for crying out loud) and he almost wrecked his little civic when he was going out of shop. Teach was pretty mad at his stupid *** cause he had to stay extra time to help him bleed his stupid brakes after shop lol
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

while you are at bleeding brakes consider some stainless steel brake lines and maybe good kevlar carbon fiber brake pads and performance rotors to upgrade your brake system
PATDIESEL

Post by PATDIESEL »

Make sure that you know how to bleed the system properly before you try it. Ask someone who knows to help you do it and have them explain what and why they are doing.
A VERY basic description
two man job, (guy #1)for the pedals, (guy #2)for the fluid vavle on the caliper
Get a hose to go from the bleeder vavle on the caliper to a bottle to catch the fluid that flows out.
1. (guy #1) pump brake pedal 3 times (push all the way down and release, repeat)press down lightly to push fluid out when vavle is opened.
2. (guy #2) after guy 1 has pumped and is pressing down on the pedal you open vavle, guy 1 tells you when the pedal is close to the floor but hasn't reached its end yet, you close the vavle before the pedal hits the floor. if you mess up and the pedal hits the floor first you have to start completely over with that caliper.
3. pump pedal 3 times and press
4. open valve and stop before pedal reaches the floor.
Continue untill you have done all calipers
Do this 5-6 times per caliper.
Make sure that the brake fluid stays above the low mark.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
JYOUNYA1

Post by JYOUNYA1 »

Thanks for teh help guys, I was able to bleed the system propery...one big problem though....we could not get any flow, spit, or sputter of brake fluid out of my drivers rear caliper...it seems not to be getting any fluid to compress the brake. What could be causing this...(sidenote, all other three brakes are working better than when I brought the car...one of my friends helped me and he gave me the exact info you gave me ragarding bleeding the system.) We think that the driver's rear brake line is clogged, or bent...but judging from where it is located I can see any reason for either two...thnaks in adavnce

~jay
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

keep going, could have alot of air in the system back there, i know it took FOREVER to bleed my clutch system and that is a pretty short line
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”