which springs will lower my mx the most??

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
mx3man83

which springs will lower my mx the most??

Post by mx3man83 »

I already tried the intrax "1.5, 1.75" drop, which was horrible. They are advertised at those drops in the front and back but when i got the springs, there was a paper inside listing how much they would lower each car they would fit...said they would lower the mx-3 .75 and .5, not 1.75 and 1.5. Kind of upsetting....but anyways...I tried getting the eibach springs first but the shop where i bought my springs at called up eibach and eibach told them they were no longer made or available..I was standing right there so i know the guy wasnt feeding me a line..which springs will lower me the most? I know about coil overs, but i have no need to adjust my height...I just wanna go low all of the time..
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
EBUCKS

Re: which springs will lower my mx the most??

Post by EBUCKS »

If you get coil-overs you can set it as low as they will go and never adjust them again. I believe that would be lower than Intrax 1.75".<P>Just trying to help.<P>one
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

and your ride will be crap and your suspension will be FUBAR.<P>LOW + strut suspension = bad
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
Sean Mandell

Post by Sean Mandell »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ProtegeSTS:<BR><STRONG>and your ride will be crap and your suspension will be FUBAR.<P>LOW + strut suspension = bad</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>this is very true as you will be bottoming out without even pushin it. I have the coil overs from ground control and I lowered the rear to 2 inch and front at 1.75. I could still go a lot more but there is no advantage on a strut based suspension. I still bottom out on my set up so I would say that with decent performance struts and coilovers i wouldn't exceed a 1.5 inch drop.<P>make sure you have the strut bars installed before u drop it.
"A hero and a coward both feel fear but it is the hero who reacts first while the coward hides behind the hero"
therealstasman
Supporting Member

Post by therealstasman »

Last edited by therealstasman on February 17th, 2009, 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
projectMX3

Post by projectMX3 »

so you can just get coilovers to lower your car??? How much do they cost and what are the best ones.
EBUCKS

Post by EBUCKS »

With your car slammed, you have to learn where you can and can't drive. For example turning into driveways at ridiculous angles. However, you can reduce "bottoming out" with stiff springs. This makes the car pretty rigid, and therefore reluctant to bottom out, in some places. <P>one

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”