Intrax springs

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
thebonestockkid

Intrax springs

Post by thebonestockkid »

I was just wondering how good these springs actually are (durability, stiffness etc.) If they are too soft, what kinda of shocks should i get to make the ride a little harder so the car doesnt bottom out? Im concerned because im gonna have a body kit on there and its a 1.75" drop and well its gonna be pretty low and i dont really want to have the body kit ripped apart :S any suggestions? thanks in advance<P><BR>frank
Image'97 Grenada black pearl Acura EL, JDM B18C 98spec ITR Swap. Power in Control full coilovers going in next spring. Not to mention a most unusual whining noise... coming soon.

'92 Intense blue pearl Jeep YJ, OME lift, mudders, fun.

R.I.P.
'93 Clear white GS-DE ~14.648@92.98mph, 2.234 60ft. PARTING OUT PM ME.
Disaster_Girl

Re: Intrax springs

Post by Disaster_Girl »

Hi Frank,<P>We had Intrax springs on our '94 and they were nice. Made the ride stiffer so you shouldn't need new struts, unless they're bagged. Worked well with 205-40-16's...<P>Good luck!<P>Tim & Stef ('96 Chaste White GS)
david103

Post by david103 »

i also had them on a 94. i liked the ride quality a lot, but it didn't drop it enough for me. people still asked me if it was lowered yet. now i have weapon-r coilovers, which was the worst thing i've done to anything i've ever owned. i'm babbling...<P>dave
tk1138

Post by tk1138 »

If you get stiffer springs (which lowering springs should be), then higher damping struts are strongly suggested.<P>If you don't get struts with higher coefficients, your ride will be bouncy, and you'll probably blow a strut.
tk1138<P>There's not really anything I want to say over and over.
zevirii

Post by zevirii »

So intrax springs don't really drop 1.75" like they say?

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”