Anybody ever heard of Falcon tires?

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
Brainless

Anybody ever heard of Falcon tires?

Post by Brainless »

I started to look for summer tire today so I called many places and Found a place that sells the Kumho 712. They also told me about Falcon that are about the same price and suppose to be better quality. Anybody ever heard about them?
Jonathan Michaud
93 Red RS
Krist B.

Re: Anybody ever heard of Falcon tires?

Post by Krist B. »

i heard about FALKEN. it's ok though, but i dont know about FALCON. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
Brainless

Post by Brainless »

Yeah! I just went to the store and I realized it was just a misunderstanding on the phone. I feel pretty stupid now. :eek:
Jonathan Michaud
93 Red RS
Brainless

Post by Brainless »

I just bought the Falken ZIEX, I hope there good. They didn't cost alot (cheaper than the Kumho 712)
Jonathan Michaud
93 Red RS
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

Falken Azenis are the SCCA Street Touring [street tires] tire of choice. Dirt cheap too.
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
MX-3 Extreme

Post by MX-3 Extreme »

You wont find a better rubber than falken for the price, the rubber is very sticky and has a decent tread ware rating. Good choice for you money david. two guys that work for me at my shop use falken and sware by them.<P>Killermx3
Brainless

Post by Brainless »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by David Coleman:<BR><STRONG>Falken Azenis are the SCCA Street Touring [street tires] tire of choice. Dirt cheap too.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>what about the ZIEX?
Jonathan Michaud
93 Red RS
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Brainless:<BR><STRONG><P>what about the ZIEX?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Its so-so. More expensive, and they dont have near the same performance. But they last a lot longer.<P> [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
Brainless

Post by Brainless »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ProtegeSTS:<BR><STRONG><P>Its so-so. More expensive, and they dont have near the same performance. But they last a lot longer.<P> [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>They were cheaper then the azenis and the kumho 712.
Jonathan Michaud
93 Red RS
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Brainless:<BR><STRONG><P>They were cheaper then the azenis and the kumho 712.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>My 205-50VR15 Azenis are 62 bucks a pop. <P>didnt know the Ziex were THAT cheap. Still not nearly as good though. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
psurollsovau

Post by psurollsovau »

my suggestion... good tires but have you tried the yokohama pardas yet? these bitches stick like glue, even in the rain. plus they look bad a-- too. tirerack.com has them for like $109 us. their shipping is the bomb too. ordered one day and they were here the next. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
too much s--- to list!
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hoffman:<BR><STRONG>my suggestion... good tires but have you tried the yokohama pardas yet? these bitches stick like glue, even in the rain. plus they look bad a-- too. tirerack.com has them for like $109 us. their shipping is the bomb too. ordered one day and they were here the next. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>You have CLEARLY never driven with GOOD tires. Paradas suck. They are a "ricer tire", because they look "cool" and are marketed to be high performance, but they are FAR from it. Never buy them. If you want Yokohamas, get A520s or AVS-i's...those are your good choices.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
psurollsovau

Post by psurollsovau »

ive had many brands of tires, yokos, toyos, perrelli,cooper cobras(by far the worst manufacture ever), bf goodrich comps, and they all dont handle like they should unless its 75 degrees out, where do you live fl? the paradas channel that rain away pretty good, i wont be impressed with any tire company till someone finds a low profile 17 that works in snow and doesnt look like bigfoot. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
too much s--- to list!
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hoffman:<BR><STRONG>ive had many brands of tires, yokos, toyos, perrelli,cooper cobras(by far the worst manufacture ever), bf goodrich comps, and they all dont handle like they should unless its 75 degrees out, where do you live fl? the paradas channel that rain away pretty good, i wont be impressed with any tire company till someone finds a low profile 17 that works in snow and doesnt look like bigfoot. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Be prepared to NEVER be impressed. You CANT make that sort of tire. It goes against how the contact patch works in the first place.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hoffman:<BR><STRONG>ive had many brands of tires, yokos, toyos, perrelli,cooper cobras(by far the worst manufacture ever), bf goodrich comps, and they all dont handle like they should unless its 75 degrees out, where do you live fl? </STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>I live in Gainesville. And you have to warm up any decent tire before it gets sticky.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”