2.5L turbo problems

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
Billy Ihburg

2.5L turbo problems

Post by Billy Ihburg »

Hi guys I have just completed my turbo project. However I have no Boost! the other thing is during idle the BOV opens and closes constantly causing the car to idle up and down. Let me know if any of you have any ideas.

Thanks,
Billy 93 GS SE 2.5L
jaydog5678

Re: 2.5L turbo problems

Post by jaydog5678 »

What's your setup like (fuel,ignition,turbo)?

What kind of BOV is it?
Billy Ihburg

Post by Billy Ihburg »

I have venom injectors, walbro 255 pump, 12:1 FMU for fuel. As far as the ignition goes I have NGK 2 degree colder plugs and magnecor wires. I am running a Turbonetics TO4B with a .69 a/r exhaust side, and a turbonetics evoloution wastegate. The BOV and boost controler are Turbo XS.

Thanks,
Billy 93 GS SE 2.5L swap
ryanlindenberg

Post by ryanlindenberg »

you need to tighten up the BOV...my turbo XS bov has pack washers to do it...put some of those in there and it should fix your problem, if your bov doesn't use the washers then you just have to rotate the bov to tighten it...check your instruction manual for your BOV.
CARDOMAIN WITH UPDATED PICS
"There are 2 kinds of pedestrians, the quick and the dead."
Billy Ihburg

Post by Billy Ihburg »

Thanks it does use the washers, I should have thought of that but I was so concerned with the no boost I overlooked it .

Thanks,
Billy 1993 GS SE 2.5L
Billy Ihburg

Post by Billy Ihburg »

OK I hooked up the line for the boost guage directly after the compressor outlet. Still no boost. I took the intecooler pipe off to see if there was air being pushed through it and I could barely feel any. Is it possible that my brand new turbo is faulty? Please let me know if you have any ideas.

Thanks,
Billy 93 GS SE 2.5L hopefully turbocharged?
mrspanky79

Post by mrspanky79 »

have you driven it yet? You probly wont see any boost untill you have load on the motor. Not in gear I can rev it to 6000rpm and maybe get 1psi but in gear with load on the motor I see 5psi at 3000rpms
War does not determine who is right, war determine who is left!

94 mx3 GSX Stroked Turbo'd and Intercooled
99 vitara 4x4
MX3ze@7psi

Post by MX3ze@7psi »

Yeah you have to drive it to see boost and also by the intake manifold where there are two vacum lines for the fuel pressure regulator and cruise control you could use a tee there for your boost guage. Thats where I did mine and it works perfect.
MX3 KL-DE, probe/mx6 ebay turbo pipes, T3/T4 50 trim @ 8psi, millenia injectors, SAFC2, intercooled,Greddy RS BOV, turbonetic 38mm external wastegate. Wisco 9.5 forged piston, millenia S rods, and high performance rings coiming in soon. Shooting for 400whp this summer.
Billy Ihburg

Post by Billy Ihburg »

Thanks for the info guys. I drove it down the road and got about 6 PSI. I need to redo the exhaust pipe to the turbo as it is to low to the ground and hits the road frequently. Because the pipe hits so much I did not get a chance to turn the boost controller up. However the car is fast as hell!. The only down side is that my T04B does not spool up until about 3800 RPMS. I am going to take the turbo off for now and redo the exhaust pipe next winter. But thanks again guys.

Billy Ihburg
93 GS SE 2.5L Turbocharged for one day

Return to “Forced Induction”