KLZE boost friendly?

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
NateDog

KLZE boost friendly?

Post by NateDog »

hi all, i havnt posted here in a while sence my car was smashed... im looking at buyiung a GS from a scrap yard and buildiing it up. im wondering how boost friendly is the KLZE? sorry if i didnt do a search on this topic but i kinda want to know cause if i get the GS i would buy the KLZE and through my TD04L turbo (out of a subaru WRX) on the engine. and possably do a twin turbo set up. thanks for any info on this topic.
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: KLZE boost friendly?

Post by Custommx3 »

10:1 compression, not a good idea to run lots of boost on it. Id go with 5 lbs max, but even @ 5lbs, your risking it. It may handle more, but thast your decision.
NateDog

Post by NateDog »

so even w/ a little work, it is possable to be boosted.do u know where i could find the engine specs on the KLZE? e.g. bore/stroke, pistion diamiter and such information thanks for all the help
Steeb

Post by Steeb »

more compression means its more responsive to each psi u add. more compression does not mean do not run high boost, it means careful tuning
Steeb

Post by Steeb »

no sense in running twin turbo when u can make a good single turbo better. would be tight to see a tt mx3 tho go for it if thats what you want but there is not much room for two turbos.
2RotorsNaDream
Supporting Member

Post by 2RotorsNaDream »

I wouldnt do it. Just go with nitrous or go with a turbo KLDE, because either way if you wanna start really boosting alot you're gonna have to get some low compression pistons and rods, which would make spending the extra money for a ZE pointless anyways. And Steeb why don't you boost a ZE and let us know how great it is when its in the shop.
Image1993 Mazda RX-7 Touring Edition Innocent Blue Mica- Not stock...
1993 Teal MX-3 GS- KLZE and other goodies. RIP
BATTOSAI

Post by BATTOSAI »

Low compression + high boost = same power than high compression + low boost (more or less)

(Lc+hb)= less non boost response = more turbocharger work = more compressed air = more heated air = mixture less dense and more prone to preignition = danger

(Hc+Lb)= more off-boost response = less turbocharger work = less compressed air = colder mixture = mixture denser and less prone to preignition = you can add more fuel = more power

What do you think is more friendly? YOu have an evil side on both ends, so one way or another you must take care of your tunning equally!
European Mx3 GsRT

Post by Guest »

the compression on the kl03 is 8.5 to 1 and can run 7 to 9psi non intercooled with no problems go over to mx6.com we have tons of info everyone probetalk to...Im steelcity6 mazdamx3grl is my glf.there is also an new discussion about superchargers..check it out good luck
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

CR on the klde engine is 9.2:1 not 8.5:1..some people have 8.5:1 cuz they changed their pistons for lower compression ones
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
Damious

Post by Damious »

Id go with 5 lbs max[/QB]
just curious, on a klze is it worth it to have it at 5lbs? approximatly how much Hp would u gain from that?

Trancelucent
-Damian

***if u know of/have a mx-3 GS with a blown engine and live around me... let me know ;) ***
GuidoBiRiChiNo

Post by GuidoBiRiChiNo »

Question: in case of a small turbo setup, what must be done to the ECU (KL31)?
-italian lonely MX'er-
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

Originally posted by Trancelucent:
Id go with 5 lbs max
just curious, on a klze is it worth it to have it at 5lbs? approximatly how much Hp would u gain from that?

Trancelucent[/QB]
I would guess about 70hp...higher the CR higher the boost will be effective...5 psi on a ze would be about the same as 7 on a De
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
fredleysir

Post by fredleysir »

what if you ran forged internals, swain coated the rod bearings, (or even just coated the pistons if no one makes forged internals for the ZE)??
Zoso124
Forum Moderator
antispam: No

Post by Zoso124 »

Why waste the money on a ZE if your going to boost it? You can find a used KLDE for half as much? :shrug:
Mike Evans
Gone:
92 GS Tropical Emerald MTX 2.5L
93 GS Raspberry Metallic SE MTX 1.8L
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

you got the power when not under boost...and for my case..i had not plan to bolt a turbo but changed idea
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3

Return to “Forced Induction”