ebay inline blower worth it?

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
superslacker

ebay inline blower worth it?

Post by superslacker »

i need educated...
is this garbage, or would would there actually be a performance gain? the guy has good feedback, but it still seems fishy.

web page
nope-mx3

Re: ebay inline blower worth it?

Post by nope-mx3 »

this is just so BS :)
Doesn`t work at all, stay clear of those "cheap, lots of power increase" items on ebay :)

There`s no such thing as a "free" lunch :)

nope-mx3
:: 2001 Mazda Mx-5 Sport // 2013 Volvo V40 D2 Momentum ::
Spydie

Post by Spydie »

who has time to even read ALL of that?
http://members.cardomain.com/spydie
"So I said to my one legged wife, I said...'Peg', you're 'cut-off'."
superslacker

Post by superslacker »

you'd be surprised how much you'll read when you're waiting for a new axle to get shipped lol.
nos92mx3
Supporting Member

Post by nos92mx3 »

Yea that product is complete Bs unless if you want some 75$ plastic fins
92' Rs-t b6t/De - RIP

93' Rs-t BPT - Sold

03' WRB wrx Wagon - Current
zevirii

Post by zevirii »

If you dead set on getting one, goto you local BOAT suply place.. Ask them for a blower motor.. It will cost about $35.. They are designed to blow gas fumes out of your engine compartment.. If you put that thing on you engine your going to suck a plastic blade into to the motor..
Spydie

Post by Spydie »

it will work about as good as adding a hairdryer to your intake
http://members.cardomain.com/spydie
"So I said to my one legged wife, I said...'Peg', you're 'cut-off'."
rancid420potheadpunk

Post by rancid420potheadpunk »

BS. thats all i have to say about it. he didnt even post a pic of the stupid thing. BS
Gkreator

Post by Gkreator »

I seriously doubt the fan would fall in the engine. Have you ever put your hand over the stock intake? There's hardly ANY real induction. So adding these fans should definately force the air into the engine. I'm half tempted to try this myself until I can make a custom turbo. The only drawback I see to this setup is having a switch to turn them on and off as needed where as a turbo would be using the exhaust to power the fans. (Lets not forget that turbo fans can also be plastic) :o From what I've read, this guy is reselling a product he is buying probably for $25 ea. If you read up, he orders a box of these units for his stock. So we know he's not the manufacturer of these fans (probably a box of boat engine blowers at that). He did his research for his own benefit and found he could make some money. Wouldn't you do the same!? He does show a hand drawing of the blower but goes on to say that they are made of white plastic. Probably no better then the oem plastic intake you already have. Plastics are Ok for this application. After all, we are just trying to force some air into the engine. It's worth trying I think...if you want to go cheap. And it is cheaper then making a custom turbo to get similar results if you are serious.

<small>[ December 05, 2003, 03:56 PM: Message edited by: Gkreator ]</small>
Dave Hyatt
94 Teal MX-3 RS 5 Speed
http://www.cardomain.com/id/gkreator_inside (New Pics!)
mx3TT
Supporting Member

Post by mx3TT »

Originally posted by Gkreator:
I seriously doubt the fan would fall in the engine. Have you ever put your hand over the stock intake? There's hardly ANY real induction. So adding these fans should definately force the air into the engine. I'm half tempted to try this myself until I can make a custom turbo. The only drawback I see to this setup is having a switch to turn them on and off as needed where as a turbo would be using the exhaust to power the fans. (Lets not forget that turbo fans can also be plastic) :o From what I've read, this guy is reselling a product he is buying probably for $25 ea. If you read up, he orders a box of these units for his stock. So we know he's not the manufacturer of these fans (probably a box of boat engine blowers at that). He did his research for his own benefit and found he could make some money. Wouldn't you do the same!? He does show a hand drawing of the blower but goes on to say that they are made of white plastic. Probably no better then the oem plastic intake you already have. Plastics are Ok for this application. After all, we are just trying to force some air into the engine. It's worth trying I think...if you want to go cheap. And it is cheaper then making a custom turbo to get similar results if you are serious.
No way. That wont do any good. But GKreator, if you want to spend your money take a dyno before and after and then you will see...I think you might acutally LOSE hp.
Chris

MY MX-3 PICTURES
MX-3.com's online store - SUPPORT MX-3.COM
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

Have you thought about doin anything to compensate for the fact that you're robbing power from your engine to make power with the engine? You may want to figure that before spending money on it.
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
Gkreator

Post by Gkreator »

Did you see that it works on a 12V DC system & draws less than 5 amps off of the electrical system? Look again.

If you are that worried about the power draw then turn off your stereo and unplug your neons. Better yet, make a custom 12 volt system to power it so it doesn't take from the engine.

<small>[ December 05, 2003, 04:19 PM: Message edited by: Gkreator ]</small>
Dave Hyatt
94 Teal MX-3 RS 5 Speed
http://www.cardomain.com/id/gkreator_inside (New Pics!)
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

Alrighty GKreator-- go ahead and try it-- but hundreds of stupid people beofre you have tried it and discovered it is trash.

If I am not mistaken, I think Barry & Brian (Mnemonic) did their own research on these little pieces of crap and discovered that they actually hinder the airflow because the fan cannot spin fast enough to even compensate for the the intake pressure-- much less add to it.

So, Justify your reasons that it is good all that you want to-- but you are not the 1st to try it.

Stay away from it.. just some friendly advice from your Mx-3 Community.
~Perry
Please visit
http://www.mx3-atlanta.com
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

Originally posted by Gkreator:
(Lets not forget that turbo fans can also be plastic)
WHAT??

I know you are not talking about Vehicle turbos... because the temps on those are several hundred degrees. Sorry, but plastic will melt at those temps.
~Perry
Please visit
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

~Perry
Please visit

Return to “Forced Induction”