Anyone know about 1980's Supras?

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
mx3man83

Anyone know about 1980's Supras?

Post by mx3man83 »

I'm buying a totaled 1988 Supra from a girl here at work for 300 bucks. I have yet to see it, but she says its a twin turbo. I've done a little bit of searching around and so far I haven't found a listing of a 1988 twin turbo Supra. Of course, I havent searched TOO much since the only internet access I have now is when Im at work on my breaks(my computer at home broke :mad: ). Anyone know? I guess either way I'll be satisfied since I will now have almost everything I will need to turbo my klze mx3.
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
992mmx3

Re: Anyone know about 1980's Supras?

Post by 992mmx3 »

I'm pretty much positive it didn't come in a TT model until the latest MK version. That's what you get when you trust a girl anyways,lol, j/k. Why would you want a turbo off of a sequential turbo setup anyways? You're probably better off with the single turbo in that car anyways...granted it still works, lol.

<small>[ November 24, 2003, 06:28 PM: Message edited by: 992mmx3 ]</small>
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

"...I told those fudgepackers I liked Michael Bolton's music..."
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

i think the J-Spec models, some were TT
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
Rushton

Post by Rushton »

they never came in twin turbo, and the engines are'nt very good, they have a head gasket problem, unless the engine's been properly rebuilt it's probably not worth fixing, if it does'nt need much I'd prolly get it though..
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

Well, you see, I don't want the car to fix up. I want it for the turbo, injectors, piping, and intercooler. I know the piping won't fit directly, but I can modify it to fit, which would save me the cost of having to buy the pipe. If by chance she is right and it is TT, I would most likely give the other turbo away and only use one for myself. I am getting this car for 300 bucks. I figure even if I have the turbo rebuilt I will still be saving alot of money with buying the car rather than buying the turbo, injectors, piping, and intercooler seperately.
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
Pearl-JapSpec

Post by Pearl-JapSpec »

go for it
Car Out Of Order For Now...
2 weeks In counting till re-incarnation!!
New G-Force Front Bumper!!
-_-_-_- Pics On Site -_-_-_-
http://members.cardomain.com/mx3_junkee
992mmx3

Post by 992mmx3 »

You have the right idea with the intercooler. Their stock intercoolers are actually quite efficient...and there black, total sleeper look. :) I say go for it too. :2thumbsup:
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

Little bit of an update...she said that the person that had the car before her did a little custom second turbo set up. Cool huh? Haha...well the adjuster looked at the car yesterday, she'll find out how much she can buy it back for in a few days. I'm buying the car for exactly the same price she is going to buy it back for. They say it's going to be around 200-300 dollars. I'd say that's a good deal for two turbos, piping, intercooler, and injectors. Oh with the injectors, they should work right? I've done some research and I read that the injectors have to have the same resistance as ours. Will they just not work period if theyre different? Thanks guys.
My Cardomain site
Pearl-JapSpec

Post by Pearl-JapSpec »

well doesnt it depend on the size of the injectors.... cc's...
i may be wrong...
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

would've been cool if u could fix it up to have daily driver, but id say those turbos would need rebuild. Injectors get bad with age. maybe piping is cracked somewhere.. i wouldnt buy it for turbo parts. maybe for beater ya..if i could get some cheap body parts for it. post some pics if you can.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
curtklze

Post by curtklze »

gotta chack the injector resistance to make sure thay are the same (either High or low/3-6 ohms or 13-16 ohms) also check if they are side feed like the V6 K serise injectors or top feed like the 4 cyl mazdaas.
DONT SHIP WITH UPS!!! DIE UPS DIE!!!!!
Yes, I AM a bastard
Here is my web site, I made this last year but didnt feel like shareing it untill now.
http://members.rogers.com/curts-klze/

How does this guy know so much?
He's a licenced BMW technician.
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

Thanks guys, I will be sure to check the mounting position of the injectors. Mitmaks, you are probaly right about the turbos needing rebuilt, but that will still be cheaper than buying a new turbo. The turbo and intercooler have no cracks, if so then she would have had an erratic idle due to air leaks. The car ran wonderfully before it was wrecked. The injectors were working just fine as well, I've seen import engines with over 200k miles with injectors that work perfectly. I will have to see, I'm going to look at the car and hopefully I can get some pics to post as well. Thanks.
My Cardomain site
992mmx3

Post by 992mmx3 »

She was running a custom tt setup?? I HIGHLY doubt it. She probably doesn't know what she was talking about. :shrug:
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

Well, you may be right but that's not really important. I'm only worried about her having at least one turbo. That's all I care about right now. If she had two turbo's that would be ok I guess, since I would give the other turbo to my friend(he's got a klze probe). I will definitely keep you guys updated as soon as I get to look at the car. Be looking out on here for pics and information on my 2.5 turbo project.
My Cardomain site
Pearl-JapSpec

Post by Pearl-JapSpec »

u wouldnt kno the turbo code now would u??
cause a guy up the street has two supra's both turbo and one has been sittin there for over 3 months wit flat tires... lemme kno how it works
might just take it off his hands

Return to “Forced Induction”