in need of power

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
zxr555

in need of power

Post by zxr555 »

well by the sounds of things there is alot i can do but i want to know whats the best way to get more power from this little car i dont have a whole lot of money so an engine swap which is prob the best is out.......what should i do
sw-ontarioguy

Re: in need of power

Post by sw-ontarioguy »

I'm in the same boat as you bud. But what im gonna do is add a new exhaust system first, then a cold air intake, then new plugs and wires, then likely new ignition wires or an underdrive pully. Hope this helps out somewhat :) :shrug:
Speed Kills....Save a life...Drive a HONDA
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

Best bang-for-the-buck is N2O hands down. It's power on demand for under $600.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

Yup if you do a full exhaust, intake, and spark upgrade your n2o will be even better.
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
x-zero

Post by x-zero »

i'm not trying to sound dumb but whats a N20 mean?
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

N2O, or Nitrous Oxide, also known as laughing gas, is a weak anaesthetic gas that has been in use since the late 18th century. Common use includes both surgical and recreational purposes. Most people have experienced nitrous in the context of dentistry. Nitrous is also used in the dairy industry as a mixing and foaming agent as it is non-flammable, bacteriostatic (stops bacteria from growing) and leaves no taste or odour. Nitrous is also used in auto racing to speed engines. Nitrous is even used in diving to prepare divers for nitrous-like effects.
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

LOL, you are a funny guy man.<p>The purpose of N2O. Is to introduce more oxygen into the combustion chamber. The N2O has 2 nitrogen atoms, and 1 oxygen. That means that N2O is 36% oxygen. Normal air (that you breath) is only 20% or somewhere around there. As we all know the way to make more power is to burn more fuel. To burn the fuel, we need oxygen. Most high power nitrous applications also also plumb more fuel into the chamber or intake manifold. There is a good writeup on it in the new SCC magazine. Check it out. Anymore questions, feel free to post them, or email us. Good luck man.<p>BTW, a novice mechanic can easily install a nitrous oxide system.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
curtklze

Post by curtklze »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Custommx3:
N2O, or Nitrous Oxide, also known as laughing gas, is a weak anaesthetic gas that has been in use since the late 18th century. Common use includes both surgical and recreational purposes. Most people have experienced nitrous in the context of dentistry. Nitrous is also used in the dairy industry as a mixing and foaming agent as it is non-flammable, bacteriostatic (stops bacteria from growing) and leaves no taste or odour. Nitrous is also used in auto racing to speed engines. Nitrous is even used in diving to prepare divers for nitrous-like effects.<hr></blockquote><p>
Just remember that the N20 we use in our cars is industrial grade , and the dentist and the dairy industry use medical grade.<p>NEVER breath INDUSTRIAL GRADE N20. It will kill you, it has all kinds of **** in it(this is why the pros use a nitrous filter after the bottle and before the engine.
DONT SHIP WITH UPS!!! DIE UPS DIE!!!!!
Yes, I AM a bastard
Here is my web site, I made this last year but didnt feel like shareing it untill now.
http://members.rogers.com/curts-klze/

How does this guy know so much?
He's a licenced BMW technician.

Return to “Forced Induction”