EFI + Turbo =

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
VizualXTC

EFI + Turbo =

Post by VizualXTC »

I was just wondering if anyone knows the ammount of extra air our fuel computer can handle on its own without putting in an FMU. I am planning on putting in an FMU. I just wanna know for personal info.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
Shady469
Supporting Member

Re: EFI + Turbo =

Post by Shady469 »

id assume up to 50% more or less than stock as those are the extremes on the Apexi S-AFC...
EDIT: thought u meant with an FMU... with no FMU its up to the injectors. i.e. bigger injectors will be able to handle the additional air. but in most cases an FMU will be cheaper and TUNABLE<p>[ May 24, 2003: Message edited by: Shady469 ]</p>
B6T powered MX-3 - sold
Stage 3ish 03 WRX - sold
03 S2000 - current/ for sale
mazdamaniac

Post by mazdamaniac »

If you are talking above atmospheric, the answer is none.
BATTOSAI

Post by BATTOSAI »

Think that when the pedal hits WOT and the Vaf hits it´s end, all the fuel map is calculated without any other input, so sure that you will be lean if you force air into the engine
European Mx3 GsRT
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

Basically I was thinking about different ways to go about doing my fuel managment when I turbocharge my car. I decided on a 12:1 Vortech FMU, but I was just thinking that factory turbo systems don't use FMU's. They use their computer. I was just wondering how much boost we could put to our engine without leaning out without touching the fuel delivery. It was never an option in my mind, I was just wondering if anyone knew.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage

Return to “Forced Induction”