SE question?

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Kenzie

SE question?

Post by Kenzie »

Hello all,
What years did they make a US Special Edition? I know it sounds like a stupid question but my boyfriend was driving along today and noticed a Raspberry Metallic MX3 for sale. So he stops and calls me. He says that it has all the SE options...rims, leather seats, steering wheel and so on. Only thing is, he says it's the newer interiour. :shrug: Did they make a '94-'95 SE? He says the car doesn't look repainted and it doesn't look like the interior has been replaced so it's probably an original. I thought they only had one year...1993. Am I wrong?
I need info please...I want to buy the car but I don't want to drive around thinking that I have an SE when I don't.

Thanks
McKenzie
::'94 MX-3 GS::KLZE::
David Witherow

Re: SE question?

Post by David Witherow »

as far as i know the only year that they made the se was '93 because it was to comemorate the 25 th aniversary of mazda in canada and they offer the same model in the US...
Kenzie

Post by Kenzie »

That's what I thought. I'm going by to look at the car for myself tonight so I can confirm what my boyfriend is telling me but he knows what he's talking about. I've only had '92-'93 models so he knows the difference but it just doesn't make sense. The way he describes the condition of the car it doesn't seem like the type that someone has put a lot of work into to make it appear to be an SE. But it could be. I'll know more tonight and hopefully I'll be able to contact the owner and get the truth.

Thanks for the reply
McKenzie
::'94 MX-3 GS::KLZE::
SE-Man

Post by SE-Man »

The SE model was ONLY 1993, and in the USA it only came in purple (ras.Met.). The CAN models came in other colors, but they were 25th AVD badged. And as far as I know, its too not worth it, if even possible to change out the dash to give it the 2nd gen interior.

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”