turbo question

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
TedLeeper

turbo question

Post by TedLeeper »

i'm interested in a custom turbo setup for a 95 i4 dohc i looked in old posts but they wern't very helpful. what is needed to turbo charge a na car, also can this engine handle turbo? <P>tedleeper
Hmm. what to do now..
....maybe a VTEC for lunch.
maldo

Re: turbo question

Post by maldo »

You didn't look hard enough. ;) <P>Check the 4cyl FAQs, what is used on the B6T swap can/should be used for the bolt on version. Do a search for "bolt on turbo kit" or a variation of that.<p>[ September 27, 2002: Message edited by: maldo ]
maldo

Post by maldo »

Just to prove my point:<BR><A HREF="http://www.mx-3.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb. ... 9&t=000193" TARGET=_blank>search topic = " Bolt on turbo"</A><P>Click the link and find the info, <BR> [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
TedLeeper

Post by TedLeeper »

thanks man, also has anyone else done this, is there anything else i should Know?
Hmm. what to do now..
maldo

Post by maldo »

What else are you looking for ??-- more specific please.
TedLeeper

Post by TedLeeper »

well i was wondering if i should get upgraded pistons/rods, preformance cams, better head? if i got these then wouldn't i be able to handle higher psi? also i was considering light under pully, i heard those are great for turbo/super charged cars.
Hmm. what to do now..
maldo

Post by maldo »

You really need to do some searching on your own. 1.6L miata parts work in these motors. Go to my site in the sig below, go to the links, you will find some info there. Go to FlyinMiata.com for engine internals. There are no real head upgrades, MX-3 head is supposed to flow quite well.
BigProbe

Post by BigProbe »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by maldo:<BR><STRONG>You really need to do some searching on your own. 1.6L miata parts work in these motors. Go to my site in the sig below, go to the links, you will find some info there. Go to FlyinMiata.com for engine internals. There are no real head upgrades, MX-3 head is supposed to flow quite well.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Just sell the MX3 and GET a miata :) Problem solved! :-D
Darin<BR>93 Probe GT<BR>242hp/256tq (wheel)<BR>Custom Intake<BR>93 Miata LE (#935 of 1500)<BR>102hp/92tq (PHEAR!)<BR>GReddy Catback<P>[This message has be edited by David Coleman (edited February 17, 2001).]
maldo

Post by maldo »

Trust me, I have been looking at getting another car. Miata is first choice, wouldn't mind a 240sx either. Problem is I kinda need a "winter" car and both of these choices would turn into another project for me.
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BigProbe:<BR><STRONG><P>Just sell the MX3 and GET a miata :) Problem solved! :-D</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>new problem:<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><BR>93 Miata LE (#935 of 1500)<BR>102hp/92tq (PHEAR!)<BR><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Losing to Civic DX's and PGT-A's is unacceptable. Though, when you put $60k into a 1992 Spec Miata, they can be pretty cool [as I saw this weekend @ sebring]
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
BigProbe

Post by BigProbe »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by David Coleman:<BR>[QB]new problem:<BR>quote:<BR>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<P>93 Miata LE (#935 of 1500)<BR>102hp/92tq (PHEAR!)QB]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Solution:<P>$1200 = 7 PSI w/ FMIC <P>= MX3 + KLZE but better hanlding, better launching, and WAY cuter... :P
Darin<BR>93 Probe GT<BR>242hp/256tq (wheel)<BR>Custom Intake<BR>93 Miata LE (#935 of 1500)<BR>102hp/92tq (PHEAR!)<BR>GReddy Catback<P>[This message has be edited by David Coleman (edited February 17, 2001).]
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BigProbe:<BR><STRONG><P>Solution:<P>$1200 = 7 PSI w/ FMIC <P>= MX3 + KLZE but better hanlding, better launching, and WAY cuter... :P</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>BHP x 2 with 7psi?
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
BigProbe

Post by BigProbe »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VizualXTC:<BR><STRONG><P>BHP x 2 with 7psi?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Naw...<P>KLZE + Bolt Ons = 170whp<P>Intercooled Miata 1.6 @ 7psi = ~160whp... ;)

Return to “Forced Induction”