intercooler sizes???

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
natural born honda killer

intercooler sizes???

Post by natural born honda killer »

just wondering if anyone has put a fmic on an mx-3 with the fx front bumper. what would be a sufficient i/c size. i do plan on keeping the hood latch also. i will make it work. just wondered what a good size would be. thats the only problem i have with the forced induction deal. not too sure about i/c's. sorry for my ignorance. :eek: <P>thanks
jeremy cline
95 MX-3 RS
The only BPT GTR MX-3 in Texas!!!

man iraq sucks!!!
David Coleman

Re: intercooler sizes???

Post by David Coleman »

mmm...<A HREF="http://www.spearcointercoolers.com" TARGET=_blank>liquid to air</A> :)
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by David Coleman:<BR><STRONG>mmm...<A HREF="http://www.spearcointercoolers.com" TARGET=_blank>liquid to air</A> :)</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>yep, that's what i suggested :D
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

Having above 100% themral effeciency is just a good idea :)
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.

thanks for pointing me in the right direction and if i have any questions ill ask ya. but i think i can read and absorb enough info. :)
jeremy cline
95 MX-3 RS

man iraq sucks!!!
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by natural born honda killer:<BR><STRONG>thanks for pointing me in the right direction and if i have any questions ill ask ya. but i think i can read and absorb enough info. :)</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>If you do want to go air/air then I would suggest the starion/conquest intercooler. It wouldn't let you keep the hood latch, but it would be a very good intercooler to have. Also you may opt for a smaller i/c and go with the cooler off the eclipse, or maybe off the t-bird. I imagine you could mount either of those to the side of the latch mechanism.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
MX3RS

Post by MX3RS »

yes the Starion/Conquest intercooler is great, I should know as I have one on my Starion! If you do decide to get one you may want to know that the IC's off the 88-89 StarQuests and more efficient than previous years.
boostedmx

Post by boostedmx »

i have an air to air from spearco for sale. its been in the for sale forum. i have all the pipes and everything to bolt in your car. its the biggest they could fit behind the bumper. and it still uses the hood latch.bolts right in no mods what so ever. could throw in a nice greddy type r bov for extra
DRAG SPEC MX3 BEING PARTED OUT.
BUY ALL MY STUFF OR DIE.lol, SERIOUSLY BUY MY STUFF. PLEEEASE

whats the dimension on the i/c??? (the sperco one???) i already have a bov as i swapped a bpt in. im just looking at the upgrade parts for when i get the money to do it. cause i might be getting sponsored so doing this might be a tad easier. whats the dimensions though that way if i cant get the money before it gets sold then il have the dim so i canget one regardless.
jeremy cline
95 MX-3 RS

man iraq sucks!!!
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

They frequently sell the starion i/c's on ebay for under $150
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
boostedmx

Post by boostedmx »

i dont have the dimensions to the exact inch but i wound guess around 2 1/2 inches thick 28 inches in length and 10 inches tall it looks to be bigger i just dont want anyone dissapointed. it was the biggest one i could get for the mx3. straight inlets 2 1/4 inch in diameter. spearco 4 core design for high boost applications. :D i'd love to keep it and run both the water to air and air to air but im short on funds again.
DRAG SPEC MX3 BEING PARTED OUT.
BUY ALL MY STUFF OR DIE.lol, SERIOUSLY BUY MY STUFF. PLEEEASE
davidosk024

Post by davidosk024 »

look for mitsubishi evo I/Cs they are <BR>damn good and not to big meaning they will do the job without draining power if your IC and its piping is to large.
In
Eunos 30x, v6
KL-ZE, 2.5in exhaust, K&N intake
Unichip, LSD, 13lb flywheel, ACT2 clutch, NGK iridium Plugs, Top Gun Leads...<p>Goin In
Cams, Headers, TB, Extractors,
Bored to 2.8, Mazdaspeed Struts, Mazdaspeed strut tops,
Mazdaspeed swaybars, Eibach springs, Cusco Adj. Strut tops, Body kit, Altezza lights, Short shifter, Crossdrilled rotors and Calipers from AP racing, Braided brake lines, Braided clutch line, Mazdaspeed steering wheel, Mazdaspeed Leather shift knob,
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by davidosk024:<BR><STRONG>look for mitsubishi evo I/Cs they are <BR>damn good and not to big meaning they will do the job without draining power if your IC and its piping is to large.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Hard to find Evo intercoolers in North America, since they arent imported here.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock

Return to “Forced Induction”