new import buyer

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
msatz

new import buyer

Post by msatz »

Alright, I'm 18 and i just bought a 94 mazda mx-3. I'''ve read alot about the turbo engines in the mazda's. Now I have a 4 cylinder enigne, and has no power. I need to know what i can do. Like i said i know my way around the american cars but have no clue on imports. Can you guys point me in the right direction. I don't want to search anything, nobody in my area works on imports, and i really want my car to go fast. Please guys help me make my car fast.
VizualXTC

Re: new import buyer

Post by VizualXTC »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by matt satzinger:<BR><STRONG>Alright, I'm 18 and i just bought a 94 mazda mx-3. I'''ve read alot about the turbo engines in the mazda's. Now I have a 4 cylinder enigne, and has no power. I need to know what i can do. Like i said i know my way around the american cars but have no clue on imports. Can you guys point me in the right direction. I don't want to search anything, nobody in my area works on imports, and i really want my car to go fast. Please guys help me make my car fast.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Let me be the first to welcome you to the board and the import scene. Your best bet on gettin your 4cyl MX-3 to go fast is to swap the BPT (1.8L( or B6T (1.6L) in. You can get them both from Corksport.com, but I have heard a few others say they have gotten them for cheaper elsewhere. The B6T has aprox 132HP and the BPT has aprox 180HP. You could also make a custom turbo setup which would give you quite a bit of useable power. Also simple mods like Intake, Exhaust, Plugs, Wires, Chip, can help quite a bit.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
Stevech_2001

Post by Stevech_2001 »

it depends on how much $$$$ you wanna spend.....i'd start small ie. intake header exhaust plugs wires.....strut bar, short shifter, lower it....then once you get settled with your car and the import scene then I'd go for a b6t if your cash flow allows it.....welcome to the scene and good luck man
Steve
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stevech_2001:<BR><STRONG>it depends on how much $$$$ you wanna spend.....i'd start small ie. intake header exhaust plugs wires.....strut bar, short shifter, lower it....then once you get settled with your car and the import scene then I'd go for a b6t if your cash flow allows it.....welcome to the scene and good luck man</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Um...no disrespect man, but how are the strut bars, shifter, and lowering gunna make it faster? He wants it to go fast. I agree that when he gets it fast He'll wanna stabalize it.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
Stevech_2001

Post by Stevech_2001 »

I see your point but I am merely pointing out that he should start small seeing that he is new( you gotta craw before you can run).....and a car is a all around package....and buy putting these simple things on his car himself he will gain knowlege of how his car works.....not to mention that shifter and strut bars are dirt cheap for the gains and it will help him out when he get's that 13 second car :D
Steve
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

my advice is to research and ask questions. figure out the direction you want to go and what you can afford. i suggest not buying anything until you know what you want.
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics

Return to “Forced Induction”