Twin Turbo KL-ZE In the Works. A-Spec Project

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
Diablo

Twin Turbo KL-ZE In the Works. A-Spec Project

Post by Diablo »

A-Spec auto in ontario is working on a Twin Turbo for the KL-ZE engine(on a 323). They also have another KL-ZE that is spraying 100 shots. <BR>A few questions for the people who know their facts. <P>1) I thought the KL-ZE runs on higher compression, and a boost over 8PSI would not be ideal on the KL-ze. How can they apply a twin turbo, unless both turbos are small. <P>2) is 100 shots of nitro safe on the kl-ze?<BR>they did 13.21 1/4 mile, with 100 shots.<P><BR>- a-spec seems to know what they are doing. and i can't wait till the twin turbo is ready, will have to go and check it out. <P>their site <A HREF="http://www.a-spec.ca" TARGET=_blank>www.a-spec.ca</A> <P><BR>cheers
maldo

Re: Twin Turbo KL-ZE In the Works. A-Spec Project

Post by maldo »

They will be using smaller turbos on the KLZE. With the twin turbo design, they will be splitting up the exhaust flow, 3 cylinders per turbo. By doing this they could run fairly small turbos, possibly as small as a VJ11 or VJ16, giving a quick spool up. As far as boost levels, anything is possible with the right amount of tuning. If they only ran 8-10psi with the stock pistons, the gains would most likely be considerable considering the higher CR.<P>100 shot of nos is easily possible in the ZE. There are many H22 motors supporting the same amounts with higher CR. Again, anything is possible with proper tuning.
Diablo

Post by Diablo »

Great info! thnx<P>Also it is true that some engines with CR do run nos at 100shots or more. but also the risk of a blown motor is a lot higher as well. (i think). i just finished doing a little search on probetalk and there seems to be a number of people with setups that went bad. <P>the question would be is the stock internal parts of the kl-ze able to handle high levels of wet nitrous if the fuel is deliveried effeciantly? <P>also the vj11 comes from the probe. where does the vj16 come from?<P><BR>cheers
pelado

Post by pelado »

Unless you like blowing all of your money on your car it would be cheaper to buy an older 3000 VR-4 or Stealth or 300Z.<P>I've spent a lot of bucks on cars over the years and usually I don't get close to breaking even. Buy what you want to begin with and you'll come out ahead or at least have less money in a car you'll eventually sell.<p>[ May 05, 2002: Message edited by: pelado ]
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel
maldo

Post by maldo »

Seeing as how it is possible to run 250hp nos cheater kits on big block V8s running 10:1 CR, anything is possible. If the motor is tuned correctly, I imagine that the KLZE could handle 125-150 shot, but don't quote me on that as the V6 motors aren't my area of expertise.<P>The VJ11 comes off the Probe GT and MX6. The VJ16 was found on the T-Bird Coupe for a few years before they switched to a T3 setup. The nice thing with the vj series turbos is that they all use the same collector, enabling them to be a bolt on affair for the GTX guys. That may be handy if you use a pair of those turbos on the V6, you could use them to help form your exhaust system. If you could get your hands on the Vj20 or 23, those would flow the most out of all the vj models. They were only available on jspec GTX and GTRs, so they aren't always readily available.
momo

Post by momo »

sorry ,but they are not the kl-ze. they are both the u.s. version .i know one is the kl-03 .

Return to “Forced Induction”