how fast

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
theking6006

how fast

Post by theking6006 »

how fast would i be albe to go with a 2.5l klze and a turbo. 0-60 and 1/4 mile
VizualXTC

Re: how fast

Post by VizualXTC »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by theking6006:<BR><STRONG>how fast would i be albe to go with a 2.5l klze and a turbo. 0-60 and 1/4 mile</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I'm sure you'd hit lower 15's upper 14's
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
MX-3_EHV6

Post by MX-3_EHV6 »

You would do better than that. It depends on what turbo you had and your set up.
pelado

Post by pelado »

Posing questions like this is pointless.<P>A KLZE makes more horsepower than a US KL due to higher compression, a slightly more radical intake camshaft, slightly bigger intake ports, and an intake manifold to match. This doesn't make the KLZE a rocket.<P>The ZE camshaft probably isn't even optimum for turbocharging and the higher compression ratio means that you'll have to run less maximum boost than in an engine with a lower CR.<P>Trying to estimate how fast a car will go by only considering the engine and a "turbo" is such a waste of time. Nobody even mentioned the amount of boost, tires, gear ratios, none of the other stuff that will ultimately determine how fast it will go.
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by pelado:<BR><STRONG>Posing questions like this is pointless.<P>A KLZE makes more horsepower than a US KL due to higher compression, a slightly more radical intake camshaft, slightly bigger intake ports, and an intake manifold to match. This doesn't make the KLZE a rocket.<P>The ZE camshaft probably isn't even optimum for turbocharging and the higher compression ratio means that you'll have to run less maximum boost than in an engine with a lower CR.<P>Trying to estimate how fast a car will go by only considering the engine and a "turbo" is such a waste of time. Nobody even mentioned the amount of boost, tires, gear ratios, none of the other stuff that will ultimately determine how fast it will go.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I figured a boost pressure of 7-8PSI (maximum for the KLZE on stock internals, I don't know why you'd do a time run runnin on less than max boost :)
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
pelado

Post by pelado »

You've actually timed a turbo'd KLZE with that setup, eh? :roll:
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel
mx3gsr

Post by mx3gsr »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by pelado:<BR><STRONG>You've actually timed a turbo'd KLZE with that setup, eh? :roll:</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Just for everyones benefit, I have, and here are the results.<P>1992 MX-3 GS model.<P>2.5L KLZE internally bone stock, no other major mods, on street tires - 14.6-14.8 @95mph track timed. 0-60 high 5s low 6s via G-tech.<P>KLZE internally stock, pretty heavy duty mods (exhaust, intake, gutted interior, drag radials, & about a half dozen tweeks) ran 14.0-14.1s on several occasions at 99-100mph track timed. Low 5s 0-60 via G-tech.<P>KLZE internally stock with 16G mitsu turbo, intercooled at 5-6psi on street rubber 13.7s at 107-108mph. Same low 5s on G-tech.<P>The only thing I haven't track proven yet is the turbo at 7-8 psi with slicks. This should yield low 13s @ 110mph and sub 5s 0-60mph times.<P>I have the timeslips if anyone needs "real" proof...
1992 MX-3 GS-R 2.5L Turbo - retired 2001 :(
13.8@107mph
Bri94GS

Post by Bri94GS »

i've heard that it's easier to turbocharge a KL03 motor, because it's compression is more boost-freindly<P>As for quarter mile times, you can't just add and subtract numbers here and there...horsepower is the same...i always hear people say "i have 130 stock, then 5 from my intake, and 7 from my exhaust"....HP Numbers just dont add up like that..lol
~Bri - Morph860@aol.com
'94 MX-3 GS (FOR SALE!)
'04 Mazda 3s 5-door
zoom-zoom
Diablo

Post by Diablo »

Mxgsr:<P>all you need to do is slap on a wet nitro kit. and you would have answered atleast a 100 future questions, on how fast the mx-3 can get! :)
93 mx-3 gs/se

Post by 93 mx-3 gs/se »

Hey shawn, what elevation did your car produce those times at?
pelado

Post by pelado »

Sean, I KNOW you have a turboed MX-3. I was wondering where VisualXTC was getting his numbers from! :D
mx3gsr

Post by mx3gsr »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Diablo:<BR><STRONG>Mxgsr:<P>all you need to do is slap on a wet nitro kit. and you would have answered atleast a 100 future questions, on how fast the mx-3 can get! :)</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Well that would probably just answer exactly what hp it takes to snaps the skinny mazda rods. No need for NOS, wonderful thing about turbos is you can just turbo up the boost to engine melting levels for free...<P>I'm about maxed out already for power unfortuantely without going internal.
13.8@107mph
mx3gsr

Post by mx3gsr »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 93 mx-3 gs/se:<BR><STRONG>Hey shawn, what elevation did your car produce those times at?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I'm not really sure to be honest, but not at a very high elevation I'd say within a few hundred feet of sea level. Those were done at a pretty crappy local track, at a nicely prepared track others have run 13.8-9s all-motor on a KLZE MX-3 with less tuning that I had done for my 14.002 run.
13.8@107mph
mx3gsr

Post by mx3gsr »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by pelado:<BR><STRONG>Sean, I KNOW you have a turboed MX-3. I was wondering where VisualXTC was getting his numbers from! :D</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I was just answering the 1st question, no ego involved. To the best of my knowledge nobody else has gone turbo in a V6 for a MX-3 that I've ever found online, so I'm the only verified source for actual track numbers that people will find... Which is surprising really I though others would have done it long before now.<P>Makes me laugh everytime I hear some kid say they're going to run 12s or 11s when they do blah-blah-blah mod to their car. Easier said than done in FWD format unfortunately...
13.8@107mph
Diablo

Post by Diablo »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mx3gsr:<BR><STRONG><P><BR>Makes me laugh everytime I hear some kid say they're going to run 12s or 11s when they do blah-blah-blah mod to their car. Easier said than done in FWD format unfortunately...</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Hey people need to wake up! this is a street car after all. not a purely race track or drag-race vehicle. i say anything less then 15sec. for 1/4 miles is amazing for a street car(daily driver), especially for a car that is worth less then 15000-20000 after all the mods. <BR>i have a hard time understanding why some people would spend over 20000 dollers on a car that is worth half that, when they can just buy a nice $30,000 car. but hey thats just my opinion. anyways i think the times you have logged are amazing. and anyone saying crap about getting civics to run 11-12 sec, just smile and say lookin forward to seeing ya on the track. that little bastered well never show up to the tracks again, cuz his dream well never become a reality, unless their ready to blow their whole (Inheritance/stolen/momy&daddy's) money. :) <P>cheers<BR>that was 2-1/4 mile cents<P> :D :D

Return to “Forced Induction”