turbo possible on the K08

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
mattster

turbo possible on the K08

Post by mattster »

is it possible to put a turbo on the K08 V6?? the reason i'm asking is because all i see is people talking about turbo's on 4cyl. engines? if it is possible, what kind of turbo am i looking for, how much will it cost, etc.<BR> [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
92 Mazda MX-3 GS: blaze red, bone stock, and daily driver
86 RX-7 GXL: '94 LT1 V8, 6 speed tranny, scary fast. SOLD
93 Mazda RX7 R1 LS1/6speed... 75% complete

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mattsterrx7" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
^link to my V8 swap page
VizualXTC

Re: turbo possible on the K08

Post by VizualXTC »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mattster:<BR><STRONG>is it possible to put a turbo on the K08 V6?? the reason i'm asking is because all i see is people talking about turbo's on 4cyl. engines? if it is possible, what kind of turbo am i looking for, how much will it cost, etc.<BR> [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Yes, you can turbocharge pretty much any engine. The only thing is that some engines can't hold the boost pressures as well as others so you won't be able to run as much boost as with other engines. I'm not sure what kind of boost the K8 can handle, but I'm sure that some others on this board would know. You prolly wouldn't want much more than a T3 turbo for the K8 engine. Prices will vary conciderably depending on what setup you chose, who works on it, and where you buy it. I'd guess about $3k-4k if you were to have it prof. installed with T3, intercooler, custom piping, BOV, and custom manifold. I'd check around at different shops in your area and ask them how much a custom turbo setup would run you.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
ProtegeSTS

Re: turbo possible on the K08

Post by ProtegeSTS »

it will be more than most custom turbo setups because of the more complicated exhaust manifold(s).
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock

Return to “Forced Induction”