Body Shops.

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Invisible

Body Shops.

Post by Invisible »

So im considering getting my car painted, I am trying to find a few bodyshops in and around Surrey or Vancouver to check out. Most likely thinking of going black. Anyone had any good / bad experiences with some bodyshops? or recommend a bodyshop? Also, what's the price tag to paint an Mx3 anyways? Smaller car and not looking to do anything fancy, just get her stripped and sprayed.

Mike
Invisible
93 GS Tropical Emerald Metallic MTX 1.8L
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Body Shops.

Post by mitmaks »

about 800-1k USD to get it resprayed, you might need some bodywork, stripping will cost you, you dont have to strip good factory paint though just scuff it and take out any dents.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Invisible

Re: Body Shops.

Post by Invisible »

True, scuffing it would be a better idea I suppose. Bodywork would be minor, only popping 1 or 2 very minor dents, only noticeable if your kissing the side of the car id think. So now that ive got an idea of price(which I had already figured would be close to 1k USD) we need some good bodyshops :2thumbsup:

Thnx for the reply Mitmak,
Mike

<small>[ December 25, 2004, 02:12 AM: Message edited by: Invisible ]</small>
Invisible
93 GS Tropical Emerald Metallic MTX 1.8L
PlatinumTLC

Post by PlatinumTLC »

Damn are you serious? 1000$?? I thought a repaint would be like 200-300 at the most. I wanted to repaint my car the same color and get the dents and scratches fixed.
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

PlatinumTLC wrote:Damn are you serious? 1000$?? I thought a repaint would be like 200-300 at the most. I wanted to repaint my car the same color and get the dents and scratches fixed.
If you look around, you can definitely get a respray at that price if you keep the same color and don't need to get door jams and such painted also. But at that price, you'll also be getting a one-stage paint, not with a clearcoat. Not a huge deal, just means more maintenance with waxing and an occasional buffing.

Return to “Appearance”