new speedometer dials help !!

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
garfy1981
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

new speedometer dials help !!

Post by garfy1981 »

Hello from the UK! I have broughta set of white dials to reduce the ammont of black inside the car! I have taken the speedometer out and have removed everything to gain access to the dials and needles, however I am not sure how the needles come off. I thought the usual method was to place i fork under them and prise them off but i am not sure and dont want to damage them. Can anyone help. Thanks Gareth :D
2.5 Ze straight neck, blitz intake, mazdaspeed engine mounts, fidenza flywheel, CM II Clutch, KL-36 ecu, Magnecor 8mm Leads, Battery Relocation. Hotshot headers, 2.5 mandrel bent stainless exhaust, hi-flow cat, Speed hut dials, custom coilover set up. Custom willwood big brake conversion.
Sam Baker

Re: new speedometer dials help !!

Post by Sam Baker »

no nooo the needles dont come off! u just gotta move the white pieces over around them and over the face. its kinda tricky on the temp/fuel part.. just try not to break the needles, because it will cost you a new cluster :D
92 Autozam AZ3
storm99

Post by storm99 »

Hey there,
Yeah, just go really careful with temp and fuel. You may also have to sand the backs of the speedo and tacho needles so they don't catch.
Where abouts in the UK are you from mate? I'm in South London.
Racing
\Ra"cing\, a. & n. from Race, v. t. & i.
The alchemy that turns base metals into heat, noise, power
and motion.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/storm99
garfy1981

Post by garfy1981 »

thanks for the replies, i wasnt sure if they would come off or not so thought it best to seek advise before hand. Cheers for that. I am based in kent, South east of uk as you probably know. I have only just brought the car and am concentration firstly on the inside. Going to lower the stereo to where the blank plate is below at the moment, and am going to install a motorised tv above it with dvd player in glove box, should go smooth all planned for this weekend!. Sound will go through my sony m800 which has aux inputs which is handy!. Want to change the gear knob also, then see if i can lambo the doors sometime in the future, other than the rear clusters im pretty happy with how she looks on the outside shes a silver V6. Cheers guys take it easy!
2.5 Ze straight neck, blitz intake, mazdaspeed engine mounts, fidenza flywheel, CM II Clutch, KL-36 ecu, Magnecor 8mm Leads, Battery Relocation. Hotshot headers, 2.5 mandrel bent stainless exhaust, hi-flow cat, Speed hut dials, custom coilover set up. Custom willwood big brake conversion.
marsinner

Post by marsinner »

Gareth, even easier way.

Don't force the thing around the needles, force the needles around the thing.!

Unscrew the 2 small screws that hold the dial attached to the Fuel thing. And place the indiglo over it, then manuvre from undreneath until they go in, nothing to it. Took me like 20 seconds. And there is no worries about it snapping, just move the needles around through the thing until u get it.
David Witherow

Post by David Witherow »

yes the needles do come off but you have to be so carefull not to break the needles and the guage...so i wouldnt bother trying to take them off just put them on around the needles...
MarkMoore

Post by MarkMoore »

jolly good conversation....i could go for a spot of tea.....
1992 GS/RS Mutant Automatic
garfy1981

Post by garfy1981 »

Many thanks can I swap my cup of tea for a jack daniels
Cheers :2thumbsup:
Red_Power

Post by Red_Power »

[quote="David Witherow"] [b] yes the needles do come off [/b] but you have to be so carefull not to break the needles and the guage...so i wouldnt bother trying to take them off just put them on around the needles...[/quote] How do they come off ? I tried to take them off, but no luck :cry:
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

wow resurrected almost 3 years to the date! LOL

so red power, you got white faced indiglo gauges you are trying to put in?
Red_Power

Post by Red_Power »

Sorry, i did'nt want to create a new topic....
Hm.. No, i want to take the stock gauges out of there, scan them and create better then the stock, but black faced. Can you help me with the needles ?
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Never ever take off the needles, cause you'll never put them back in their original position again.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Red_Power

Post by Red_Power »

[quote="Nd4SpdSe"]Never ever take off the needles, cause you'll never put them back in their original position again.[/quote] Hmm.. Then how can i scan gauges to photoshop them ? :(
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

what exactly are you trying to do? put them in your computer then print them on PAPER? LOL why don't you just buy some gauges from speedhut? you can customize them

:shock:
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Red_Power wrote:
Nd4SpdSe wrote:Never ever take off the needles, cause you'll never put them back in their original position again.
Hmm.. Then how can i scan gauges to photoshop them ? :(
Buy another cluster...the needles were put on and calibrated that way, you can try to mark them but you'll still be off, and it doesn't take much to be way off...everyone who had taken them off has never had them back on the way they were suppose to be...Unless you can mark the spot on the shaft that moves the needles and mark the needle and line them up again, that's the only way that may work, but in the end, i'd put money on it that you're guages will be messed up regardless.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project

Return to “Appearance”