Rubber around window!

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
verzutiko
Supporting Member

Rubber around window!

Post by verzutiko »

The rubber which goes around the window on the drivers side, starts to make "waves". Doesn't look good at all! Seen many MX-3's with the same problem. Is this common amongst our rides?
'92 GS
My worklog
perhapsadingo8yerbaby

Re: Rubber around window!

Post by perhapsadingo8yerbaby »

Mine's ok but have also seen that on other MX-3's. After re-reading your post, it seems you may have answered your own question... ;)
Nallboy
Supporting Member

Post by Nallboy »

yeah, mine's kinda the same. Anyone know where/how to get replacements, or would a dealer be the only place?
'93 GS sporting 31 ZE, 36 ECU, Millenia IM & TB, Beefed up tranny, Fidanza FW, CM Stage II-R, Al UDP, HS Headers, MF Hi-Flow CAT, 2.5" Piping, CAI, MGC Wires, MS Mounts, B&M SS, Bronzoils, SS B & C Lines, Brembos...more.
Oh yeah, I have a stock ATX 92 RS too.
"Everyone wants to live life in the fast lane; I have more fun weaving through traffic."
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Mine is like that also. I was thinking maybe a heatgun while shaping might work to make it a little better, but don't want to risk completely ruining it. For the part against the frame, I was thinking to use some caulk underneath to try and get it to sit flatter there, but that still won't help the part around the window itself.
lok

Post by lok »

ya.. mine was like that too... i sorta took out the whole thing.... and put it back it.. it was good for about a week only.. so at last i just glued them together.. then it never happened again.
GoT_DaT_Mx3_Se

Post by GoT_DaT_Mx3_Se »

that happened to my mx. i took it to the mazda dealer they replaced the crinkled weather stripping on one window for $62 labor not included. sucks that i had to get new stripping and it couldnt be fixed. i keep a vinal moisturizer on both windows now to make sure it doesnt happen again
.: Lara :.
.: Special Edition :.
.: Raspberry Metallic :.
.: 1993 Mazda MX-3 V6 :.
.: Check it out http://www.cardomain.com/id/mahmx3 :.
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

mine are same way but it doesnt affect weather proofing, windows dont leak which is most important part
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
VampireSix

Post by VampireSix »

I went to the dealer a week or two ago to see about fixing the seal on my driver's side... they said it would cost $285 including labor. Ouch.
-Vampire Six
fry_81

Post by fry_81 »

yikes lol :eek:
1994 5spd GS Parts Car For Sale 800obo. e-mail for details. fry_81@hotmail.com
Taras

Post by Taras »

Mine were the same 4 yrs ago, I took them out and put them back in properly. Then i took a dremel with a small bit and drilled the holes at the bottom of a "u" window channel where the rubber weatherstripping ends. A few zip ties and it never happened again.
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com

Return to “Appearance”