engine detailing.

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
BADMX3

engine detailing.

Post by BADMX3 »

this is not a performance question so i'm gonna post it here>>>

I'm going for looks with my car not speed > well yet anyway.

I'm gonna get the valve cover and the manifold either chromed or polished. I got blue ngk wires.

I want to paint the pulley / belt covers. It's hard plastic> can anyone tell me what i can use to paint this?

Can I paint/iodonise/powder coat/chrome the pulleys???

Can we get coloured hoses for the 1.8 v6? would a kit for the 2.5 out of probe be the same? Many thanks
fry_81

Re: engine detailing.

Post by fry_81 »

i painted my pullies blue a while ago, its not a big difference cause you cant really see them but if you look down the side of the engine it looks pretty cool. i used hi-temp engine paint and it worked great, hasnt chipped or faded. as for wire kits, you could use coloured hose wrapping, it just slides over the original.
1994 5spd GS Parts Car For Sale 800obo. e-mail for details. fry_81@hotmail.com
m92_MX3

Re: engine detailing.

Post by m92_MX3 »

yeah i just wire wheeled my vavle cover i have a SOCH, so its now chrome i also sanded the **** out of it but it looks AWESOME, thats just how i did it
CTC Racing
92 1.6L
93 323 Tranny, ACT clutch, Exhaust, cold air intake, MSD Blaster 2 coil, MSD 8.5mm super conductor wires NGK V-power platinum plugs,engine dress up,custom interior(almost done), GS front bumper, GS 5 spoke wheels Painted white.

Return to “Appearance”