HELP!!!!! INSTALL AND.....................?????

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Rope04

HELP!!!!! INSTALL AND.....................?????

Post by Rope04 »

Hey! I am in desperate need of advice about installing the Fx sides(combat).I want to know what needs to be done for this and what needs to be done in order to Mold them.I am quite handy with bodywork and glassing....But these skirts are something else.I was wondering if you need to cut some of the skirt off that is near the door.....Or how did you Mold your sides if you have the Combat fx sides...Please help, this is the last part I have to put on before I have it painted ferrari red.ANY HELP APPRECIATED....thx
Ferrari Red w/silver Metallic 92' Mx-3 GsR: Blown 5 Built motors from my past project and am going to N/A for a while as I get use to Megasquirt for proper tuning then may boost....TT setups have too much lag and too low of a power output for the rpm range i sought....Single is better and may do that in future...New project is custom Alum Mani/ with 3-4" runners...NO ?'s about my previous setup I don't want anyone to waste as Much $$$$$$ as I did...listen to BabyBlue and the those guys and go with thier F/I setups
DJsMX-3

Re: HELP!!!!! INSTALL AND.....................?????

Post by DJsMX-3 »

Well cant help that much,but i can tell you theres an installvideo on fx-designs webpage...

It covers front and sideskirts ;)
1992 MX-3 V6 Z1 Arbet VIII 17 x 8" -35mm Proracing Springs on KYB Sports, Corksport Strutbars, Brembo Cross Drilled & Slotted, Goodridge SS Brakelines, Corksport SS Clutchline, Mazdaspeed Enginemounts & Front arm bushings, All SRD bushings in shifterlinkage and cross member, Pacesetter Shortshifter, KN Conefilter, Custom SS Exhaust, Stereo Oldschool Goodies Denon & Phoenix Gold, Boston Pro & Cerwin Vega and lots of other small goodies
Tyler17rose

Post by Tyler17rose »

Hey rope, you got a twin turbo set up? any pics?
Mods:
- ZE, Mike seli 214 intake cams, Ported n polished heads, Interprep valve springs, DE retainers, rebuilt bottom end, toga main and rod bearings, toga hv oil pump, CZT 67mm tb, mbx udp, ported intake mani, SS headers, 2.5inch full exhaust, racingbeat muffler, highflow cat, megasquirt v2.

new toy, 86 TII rx7, JDM S5 motor/turbo, + alot of other goodies
Rope04

Post by Rope04 »

Yeah...I'm in the process right now bending the pipes for the intercooler....My dad has this shop and thats where I been working on my car..Hasn't left the shop yet..But he has everything you need to build a car,but anyway...I had to take out the battery(relocate to the back) and factory airbox ,since the V6 theres no room..remove hood latch replace with hood pins...Replace radiator fans with ultra slims...and the kit should be fitted within the next couple weeks..It fits already tested..Onthe kl08....WOW!!!it's really a tight fit...thats why i chose to stick with T25's..they spool up quicker than any turbo plus they're smaller and Cheaper...I plan on running 3-4 lbs per turbo till I buy 2.5ltr from a probe...I am running 1.5 inch piping per turbo back to each exhaust(3in total)I'm not planning on goin over 350 horsies so there is no need for a monster 4 inch piping...the velocity at which the exhaust gas exits will not be as sufficient....But I'll get some pics posted..I'll prolly make a video first...I just can't wait to get her outta the shop.....Toooooo excited..srry but yes it's twin setup on the gsV6 kl08
Ferrari Red w/silver Metallic 92' Mx-3 GsR: Blown 5 Built motors from my past project and am going to N/A for a while as I get use to Megasquirt for proper tuning then may boost....TT setups have too much lag and too low of a power output for the rpm range i sought....Single is better and may do that in future...New project is custom Alum Mani/ with 3-4" runners...NO ?'s about my previous setup I don't want anyone to waste as Much $$$$$$ as I did...listen to BabyBlue and the those guys and go with thier F/I setups

Return to “Appearance”