short shifter

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
mx3eurogurl

short shifter

Post by mx3eurogurl »

would it be just easier to let some mancanic put in my short shifter? or shall i do it myself. is it easy?
:)
*Girls can go fast too!*
Tyler17rose

Re: short shifter

Post by Tyler17rose »

The hardest part is removing the bolt underneath the car. If you have access to a good jack, jack stands and arnt afraid to tackle a rusted bolt underneath the car its a simple install.
Mods:
- ZE, Mike seli 214 intake cams, Ported n polished heads, Interprep valve springs, DE retainers, rebuilt bottom end, toga main and rod bearings, toga hv oil pump, CZT 67mm tb, mbx udp, ported intake mani, SS headers, 2.5inch full exhaust, racingbeat muffler, highflow cat, megasquirt v2.

new toy, 86 TII rx7, JDM S5 motor/turbo, + alot of other goodies
Silver_Wraith

Post by Silver_Wraith »

ok i ordered a pacesetters shorter shifter and and the bushings. My question to add to this topic is do i need any grease for where the rod comes through the floorboard or not?
I've already got access to a lift which'll make it rather easy to get underneath
Wha-hoooo!!!! its finally in pics to come soon. http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/540890
Franko
Supporting Member

Post by Franko »

GOD YES!!!! Trust me you NEED grease... If not be prepared for your shifter to not move when it rains.. I made that unfourtinate mistake before and sometimes when it rains the shifter will be hard to move around.. Like when it is in nuteral and you move it left or right and let it go it stays there.. It feels like there is sand in there or something.. Anyhoo.. GREASE! :D
93 MX3, BP, Haltech E6X, Bully Six Puck Clutch, Pauter Rods, Wiseco Pistons, Port and Polish, Turbonetics T3/T4 Ball Bearing turbo and a partridge in a pear tree.
ClutchedMX

Post by ClutchedMX »

whats the benefit of getting a short shifter
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

faster shifts
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
Tyler17rose

Post by Tyler17rose »

The pacesetter comes with bushings and a small tube of greese. Just make sure to use it all liberally and you'll be fine.
Mods:
- ZE, Mike seli 214 intake cams, Ported n polished heads, Interprep valve springs, DE retainers, rebuilt bottom end, toga main and rod bearings, toga hv oil pump, CZT 67mm tb, mbx udp, ported intake mani, SS headers, 2.5inch full exhaust, racingbeat muffler, highflow cat, megasquirt v2.

new toy, 86 TII rx7, JDM S5 motor/turbo, + alot of other goodies
monstar-mx-3

Post by monstar-mx-3 »

its pretty sinple...i installed my TWM one. Just pop out the spring on tip...un bolt at the bottom of the car...and ten reverse the process...the hardest part is getting that dam spring back in.

Return to “Appearance”