Cup Holders

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
SeptemberWasp

Cup Holders

Post by SeptemberWasp »

I just purchased a '92 GS and my most pressing concern at this point that I can't seem to solve is not having a cup holder.

I looked around at some installable console things and some bolt-on nonsense but it all looks like crap.

Has anyone solved this problem? I have yet to check but can the newer models cup holders transplant?

Thanks
Silver_Wraith

Re: Cup Holders

Post by Silver_Wraith »

I'm Having the same problem with my 93. The newer models have a dinky popout under the stereo but using it is rather annoying. My plan so far is to find a fabrication type place and of the e-break moved next to the passenger seat. Then have have a custom center console made to replace my (broken) center console i have now. the new center console will have a built in cup holder between the stick and arm rest part. This may be a bit complicated to do but it the best solution i've come up with for my car. Hope it may help
Wha-hoooo!!!! its finally in pics to come soon. http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/540890
myway326

Post by myway326 »

or u can do like me and wedge your drink in between the handbrake and seat :)
Pearl-JapSpec

Post by Pearl-JapSpec »

the little center glove box thingy..
u can jam it in there and if u have stuff in it wedge it so it doesnt move lol...
Car Out Of Order For Now...
2 weeks In counting till re-incarnation!!
New G-Force Front Bumper!!
-_-_-_- Pics On Site -_-_-_-
http://members.cardomain.com/mx3_junkee
Meep

Post by Meep »

Originally posted by myway326:
or u can do like me and wedge your drink in between the handbrake and seat :)
Yeah mine's pretty much the same way. I got my 92 about 5 months ago and didn't like having to find somewhere to put a drink. The best place I've found so far is right between where the seatbelt buckles, center console, you, and seat meet. It seems to stay in place for me as long as you take up enough space in the seat to keep it still. I rarely have a problem with it spilling but that's only cuz I don't quite take up the seat... so hopefully that'll work for you. Pretty stable place at least...
Jutzi420

Post by Jutzi420 »

They have this cup holder from RBS Auto in the latest import tuner. I don't have access to my car right now to see if there are any good mounting locations. It's a little pricey, but it's the best looking and most compact cup holder I've seen so far.
curtklze

Post by curtklze »

HAHA your cars suck, my 95 cup holders are mint. they pop out quick and can hold 1 medium and 1 large McDonalds cups at the same time.

but you cant transplant the 94-98 cup holder to the 91-93 cars. you would have to cut out all the braceing for the center of the dash.

hehehe
DONT SHIP WITH UPS!!! DIE UPS DIE!!!!!
Yes, I AM a bastard
Here is my web site, I made this last year but didnt feel like shareing it untill now.
http://members.rogers.com/curts-klze/

How does this guy know so much?
He's a licenced BMW technician.
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

Umm-- my 1992 RS has a Cupholder in the armrest.

No, its not the high armrest (I dont have one of those), but in the lid of the lower armrest, when you lift it up, there is a circular wire that can fold down--

Thats a Cup holder, although its not too strong...
~Perry
Please visit
http://www.mx3-atlanta.com
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

my 92 RS had that
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy

Return to “Appearance”