Removing lighter socket

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
cyberphox

Removing lighter socket

Post by cyberphox »

Anyone have any idea how to remove the lighter socket from the center console so I can put it into another.
95 GS Silver Stone Metalic
Jutzi420

Re: Removing lighter socket

Post by Jutzi420 »

I've had my center console (92) off many times but never looked that close to the cig lighter, it should either be clipped or glued into place. I don't think it's that easy to take out otherwise I would have done so when I painted my trim rather than masking it off.
Why do you want to pull it out?
rancid420potheadpunk

Post by rancid420potheadpunk »

the way the lighter is held in place is that its pushed into th hole that it sits in, it's a pain to remove but it can be done. (i broke ming when i did it)

<small>[ November 02, 2003, 09:59 AM: Message edited by: flamming skull ]</small>
mx3grlsikride

Post by mx3grlsikride »

i just painted my interior and i had to unhook the lighter. You have to take out the middle console and take off teh whole piece. There is a bulb that just clips into place and then there is a plastic piece that just snaps into place. Its really easy but a pain to half to take out all the other pieces just to get to that one.
WhEn WiLl MY BaBY Be CoMplETe??? ...NeVeR.... HAHAHAH!!! Always finding better upgrades!!!!
http://members.cardomain.com/mx3grlsikride

Return to “Appearance”