Xenon Lights

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
sapper

Xenon Lights

Post by sapper »

Anyone here have a problem with there Xenon bulbs burning out every 3 months? I'm using the Eurolite's Xenon Fusion by Toucan. There regular wattage (9004's 12V 65/45w) but always seem to burn out realy quick. I've gone through 4 of them so far in the last 5 months. (And its realy starting to piss me off!)<p>Any ideas?
I saw a street sign yesterday that said Caution! Children playing! so I slowed down. Then I thought Wait! I'm not afraid of children!
Kapp00

Re: Xenon Lights

Post by Kapp00 »

Hey, Just bought a set of Xenon Gas charged intense whites plazma at 85/80W... u upgrade ur wireing harness to something more then factory?
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

Make sure you DO NOT touch the bulbs. It is even a good idea to clean them off with a lil rubbing alcohol before installation. Also some of the cheap bulbs off ebay do burn out quickly. Unfortunately the "xenon" bulbs you get arent really Xenon unless they cost over 120 dollars.....each.
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
Taras

Post by Taras »

Yeah, stay away from cheap Korean made bulbs. Use premium Philips. Osram or GE made bulbs. If they are E-code, even better. But I guess then you would loose the cool blue, but the price might come down though.
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com

Return to “Appearance”